Get rid of groups

Agent 008Agent 008 Regular
edited July 2010 in Help and Suggestions
I think they are kinda useless, and all they serve to do is partition this place, which is the last thing we would want.

Comments

• DaSkipperDaSkipper Regular
    edited July 2010
    Doesn't hurt &T.i (I will make this work) so why remove it?
  • Agent 008Agent 008 Regular
    edited July 2010
    Well - not a huge issue, but to me it reeks of "top 9 friend lists" and other myspace bullshit.
  • PacoPaco me administrator
    edited July 2010
    DaSkipper wrote: »
    Doesn't hurt &T.i (I will make this work) so why remove it?

Im starting to like &T.i but its no as good as &T :(
  • PacoPaco me administrator
    edited July 2010
    Agent 008 wrote: »
    Well - not a huge issue, but to me it reeks of "top 9 friend lists" and other myspace bullshit.

Not really. To me its an easy way to find other members who have the same outlooks and ideas you do.
    edited July 2010
    U just mad cause I wouldn't add you on my top 9.
  • da teachada teacha Regular
    edited July 2010
    I agree.

All we need is a fucking message board: a place to exchange information and learn about interesting shit.

All this extra stuff attracts members who are looking for a social networking site and just want to boost their egos. We don't fucking need this here.

If you want proof: compare early day Totse, to late day Totse, to Zoklet. Notice how as the features went up, the faggotry also did?
    edited July 2010
    Paco wrote: »
    Not really. To me its an easy way to find other members who have the same outlooks and ideas you do.

Make a fucking thread then. You don't need a nice shiny bit of proof on your profile that you're a communist or whatever. Fucking hell.
    edited July 2010
    da teacha wrote: »
    I agree.

All we need is a fucking message board: a place to exchange information and learn about interesting shit.

All this extra stuff attracts members who are looking for a social networking site and just want to boost their egos. We don't fucking need this here.

If you want proof: compare early day Totse, to late day Totse, to Zoklet. Notice how as the features went up, the faggotry also did?

This, very much.

If Infopop worked without bugs, I'd rather we just had that.
    edited July 2010
    Who the hell stays at a forum for groups or top 9? If you're going to a forum you probably have more intelligence than a typical social networking user.

GROUPS MAKE NO DIFFERENCE. CAN'T HURT, CAN'T HELP.
    edited July 2010
    DaSkipper wrote: »
    Who the hell stays at a forum for groups or top 9? If you're going to a forum you probably have more intelligence than a typical social networking user.

GROUPS MAKE NO DIFFERENCE. CAN'T HURT, CAN'T HELP.

They do: they attract the people who want that kind of shit: who generally are here for social and egotistical reasons.

If everything is barebones; a simple message board, then the kids get bored and leave: leaving the bigboys to discuss what's what in life.
    edited July 2010
    da teacha wrote: »
    They do: they attract the people who want that kind of shit: who generally are here for egotistical reasons.

If everything is barebones; a simple message board, then the kids get bored and leave: leaving the bigboys to discuss what's what in life.

Basically.