The Attenborough Design Group

DfgDfg Admin
edited August 2010 in Life
chambersjudd.jpg

The Attenborough Design Group (ADG) is a fictional research group charged with investigating the use of behaviours found in nature to defend emerging technologies. I am proposing an alternative history in which the ADG developed a number of products exploring the needs of various new technologies as they emerged during the late 20th century. These products include the Gesundheit Radio, which sneezes periodically to expel potentially damaging dust, Floppy Legs - the portable floppy disk drive which stands up if it detects liquid nearby, and the AntiTouch Lamp, which sways away from you if you get too close to it’s sensitive halogen bulb.
[VIMEO]12799193[/VIMEO]

Floppy Legs

[VIMEO]12767988[/VIMEO]

floopylegs0.jpg

floopylegs.jpg

A portable disk drive designed to protect the 3.5” disk format from damage. If liquid is spilled near the unit retractable legs raise it from the surface, both preserving the unit and allowing the owner time to clean up the spill.

Floppy Legs is part of the Attenborough Design Group, a fictional organisation charged with investigating the use of behaviours found in nature to defend products from threats in their everyday environment.

more..

The Gesundheit Radio

[VIMEO]12768333[/VIMEO]

radio.jpg

radio%202.jpg

Developed as a protection against dust which was particularly threatening to early microprocessors, the Gesundheit Radio sneezes every six months to expel potentially damaging material from it‘s interior. A bellows system extracts the dust from inside the unit, blowing waste from two nostrils located on the front.

The Gesundheit Radio is part of the Attenborough Design Group, a fictional organisation charged with investigating the use of behaviours found in nature to defend products from threats in their everyday environment.

more..

Antitouch Lamp

[VIMEO]12767928[/VIMEO]

lamp.jpg

lamp%202.jpg

Halogen bulbs are very efficient, however touching them with bare hands drastically shortens bulb life. The antitouch lamp boasts proximity sensors in the base so it can sway out of the way and avoid being touched.

The AntiTouch Lamp is part of the Attenborough Design Group, a fictional organisation charged with investigating the use of behaviours found in nature to defend products from threats in their everyday environment.

more..

http://chambersjudd.com/

I loved the fresh concept. Rather than sticking with the old thinking, why not take a step back and see things differently.

Comments

• SkittlesSkittles Regular
    edited August 2010
    These are so cute, its like they've personified everything :D

Damn I wish I had a sneezing radio! Too bad I can't load the vids as I've used up all my broadband this month :(

Imagine trying to change the light bulb in the anti-touch lamp :facepalm:
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited August 2010
    Skittles wrote: »
    Damn I wish I had a sneezing radio!
    Damn! Wish I had one in my HD cradle.:(
  • edited August 2010
    :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

PLEASE USE THE GOTT DAMN ARIAL SERIF OR THE GOTT DAMN TAHOMA OR AT LEAST THE FUCKING VERDANA.

:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:
  • edited August 2010
    a few lines of text is tolerable but walls of text in these fonts are painful to read.

Mind you, I'm reading your posts thru a monitor, not a book ! R-LUH DAMN MIT.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited August 2010
    a few lines of text is tolerable but walls of text in these fonts are painful to read.

Mind you, I'm reading your posts thru a monitor, not a book ! R-LUH DAMN MIT.

I am using a monitor as well. However, on your request I will try to find a better font that suits everyone.
  • edited August 2010
    Good ... ramadhan is a good month to repent.