Slow to Update 'Last Post by ......' etc?

SkittlesSkittles Regular
edited August 2010 in Help and Suggestions
Does anyone else notice that the forums are really slow to update? By update I mean when you post in a thread and go out of it you don't see your username on the 'Last Post by ......' when it is in fact the last post. Same goes with the forum_new.gif icon. A lot of the time I browse, these appear to show a new post so I go into the forum to find nothing has changed. Same with the thread title bolding to show there has recently been a post since you've last looked at it, but sometimes it unbolds it even if you haven't visited the thread!?

Is it just on my side or is everyone else getting these delays?

Comments

• fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited August 2010
    It unbolds for me as well. I think it has to do with visiting the forum itself (logging in maybe?) rather than visiting the thread. It's really confusing.
  • edited August 2010
    I haven't noticed, and I think things are updating for me as they should... In fact, I'm gonna check this as soon as I post this.

EDIT: Yah, it worked.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited August 2010
    The tracking done by Vbulletin is Cookie based atm, we can't use Database Tracking of threads, it will rape the server hard. I do face this problem and I will try to find a workaround ASAP.
  • SkittlesSkittles Regular
    edited August 2010
    Thanks. Its nothing big, just slightly annoying :p
  • SkittlesSkittles Regular
    edited August 2010
    Sorry to bump, but is it possible to easily set vBul to bold the threads you haven't been into, or the threads that have had a reply since you last looked through it?

At the moment they all unbold if you just go into the forum. It makes me miss a lot of threads as I think I've posted/looked at them already :facepalm: