03 Cooper S

acid_dropacid_drop Regular
edited August 2010 in Man Cave
So my mom called me up today after I got out of work, and asked me to come look at a car, and test drive it for her.

It's an '03 Mini Cooper S- 6speed, supercharged, leather, some confangled double moon/sunroof thingy? Dunno.

Anyway, is there anything I should specifically look at or for? I know my way around cars pretty well, but I'm not familiar with the Mini Coopers. I know they are made by BMW these days, so dealerships are few and far between, and if shit breaks it's not cheap.

Please no- OMG DON'T BUY THAT GET A SKYLINE/VETTE/CHARGER. She's wanted one of the Coopers for a long time. She was going to buy a 2010 until she found this one.

Pretty reasonably priced($10,000usd), Low miles(60k), said it looks to be in good shape. A few scratches on the top of the rear bumper, probably from loading something in the hatch. Leather looks like it's been really taken care of, etc. etc.

Anyway, does anyone have any experience with these little buggers? It's not my normal fare, but it's her kind of car I guess. I plan to drive 200 fucking miles down there to check it out on Tuesday ha. So any input would be welcome.

Comments

• The GeneralThe General Regular
    edited August 2010
    bro that car is 7 years old you can get it cheaper than 10k... And most mini coopers from what I know last a good amount of time and don't break much as long as there maintained and serviced.
  • acid_dropacid_drop Regular
    edited August 2010
    Wasn't my money. They have much more money than I do, I'm driving a 9 year old car.

Anyway. She bought it. Thing was nicer than I thought it would be. Had every option it seemed. Nice little thing. I wouldn't buy it for myself, but it was perfect for her. Gps in the dash and everything. I didn't realize that started that long ago. Crazy.