Taking Screenshots Made Easy.

DfgDfg Admin
edited August 2010 in Tech & Games
printscr.jpg

If you're like me and tend to take screenshots, you already know how hard is to take a good screenshot which covers the whole screen and doesn't make it hard for yourself. Thankfully, Windows 7 has a built-in Screen Capture utility, which I LOVE.

It's called Snipping Tool and it lets you take screenshots and highlight some parts and even save them in whatever format you like. But it doesn't let you crop or edit out the sections. For that you have to use an editor. But it does get the job done.

The second option is to use Microsoft Paint, you just press Print Screen and then paste the image in a new document. But you still have to crop the sections and adjust things.

Now, you can use other software for doing the same thing but what happens when you need to take a screenshot of scrolling document, I mean you need to take screenshot of a document which consists of 4 pages but you can't view them separately. I faced that problem many times and finally I found a solution.

Duck Capture, it lets you take multiple screenshots in one go and combine them into a single screenshot, in other words now you can take scrolling sceenshots. The software is free and it's light as well.

Try it.

Article Posted On Tekglobin.

Comments

• SkittlesSkittles Regular
    edited August 2010
    Might like to mention that if you use a laptop sometimes you need to push 'fn' before pushing 'prt sc' as laptops dont have as many keys as a standard keyboard and place two functions on one key. By pressing 'fn' you're simply shifting between the two functions.
  • edited August 2010
    Cool idea for a thread. If you want to cap whole webpages, Screengrab for Firefox is a great addon to use!