UK: Raoul Moat, gunman camped out for almost a week, killed a cop.

RemadERemadE Global Moderator
edited July 2010 in Spurious Generalities
Story here

So can anyone explain to me (that knows much about this story) as I have been following it quite closely. In short, the police say he has made "more threats to the wider public" but how do they know? He hasn't left any more letters, the accomplices they found will probably say fuck all as they have had a swift trial, and I have a feeling the public are secretly supportive of Raoul.

Pics:
img03578201007071114.jpg
Police take aim on an innocent woman's car....in case the 17st bodybuilder is hiding in her tiny boot!

By scaring the public, the Police have basically said "a man who has not threatened to harm any members of the Public (other than his ex girlfriend) is responsible for us patrolling the streets, ordering you to stay inside your homes until we detain or kill him. This man is a danger to you all (not!) and we are now showing what we are capable of...even though we are just walking round looking hard.
Srsly. Police piss me off.

In short, I think that Mr Moat has gained the support of a lot of the public. He specifically said it is only Police who should be fearful and NOT the public. Probably more Police bullshit trying to scare people into thinking he is the root of all evil.

In short I fully support this man. I'd be pissed off if I were him, and chances are he has got a boat and left the country...he was right nect to the coast, and good on him.

Comments

• PacinoPacino Regular
    edited July 2010
    I was thinking about this earlier when they said hes now a threat to the public or something. Remember the 10k reward they are offering, the police dont have a fucking clue.

So yeah now the police are even more clueless so they decided to say he IS a threat to the public now.

Did you watch the meeting earlier?
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited July 2010
    Much like Match of the Day, I watched the hilights. The woman looked like the ladt from Wallace and Gromit!

They really are clueless. My mates in the Army were congratulating his evasive manouveres lol. People are screaming for the SAS and Army to be called in, too. The Sky News website is full of armchair commanders and it pisses me off that people like that exist.
    Meh.

Good luck to this guy. He should pay the Police near me a visit. Still, I reckon he has left Britain. Not difficult when you have months if not years to plan it in jail.
  • CatchMeIfYouCanCatchMeIfYouCan Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    Damn straight I'm supportive of him. Raoul was 100% right with his point in his letter, the police are bullies and that newspaper article just goes to show you. It's an excuse to infringe on the public's privacy, harass and dictate to people.
    Last night I called 999 and declared war on Northumbria Police before shooting an officer on the West End A69 roundabout in his T5. Sitting there waiting to bully someone.

Probably a single mum who couldn't afford her car tax.

The police know that since school days the general public has been lied to that the police are there to protect us, they're to be respected and that you can't get away with breaking the law. From the start we're never asked if we want this "protection" and our safety put into the hands of other men and women and even so, we shouldn't bedisallowed to protect, defend and serve ourselves.

What it amounts to is domestication on part of the government and making the public docile, lazy and incapable of being able to think and act for themselves, because they're so used to the police supposedly doing it for them. The general puclic are domesticated to be "good sheep".

As for the 10K reward, that's typical on part of the police. It seems the only way they can "control" now is through snitching. Jim Redden's Snitch Culture may interest you guys.
  • Harry RobertsHarry Roberts Semo-Regulars
    edited July 2010
    The police couldn't catch a fucking cold.

I heard they had RAF Tornados scouring the place last night.

There's a lot of support for Moat, online and in real life of course.
  • PacinoPacino Regular
    edited July 2010
    i heard he posts on zoklet
  • metameta Regular
    edited July 2010
    Pacino wrote: »
    i heard he posts on zoklet

lol
  • CatchMeIfYouCanCatchMeIfYouCan Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    The police couldn't catch a fucking cold.

I heard they had RAF Tornados scouring the place last night.

There's a lot of support for Moat, online and in real life of course.

If he's smart, which he seems to be, he'll have been out of the area for a long time now.

This is like watching the world cup, only with the news, waiting for a shot on target, only in the back of a pig's head instead of the back of the net.

Nice name, btw. Another fine example of a man fighting the oppressors.
  • mr.bluntmr.blunt Regular
    edited July 2010
    This guy is fucking awesome, I haven't heard anything about this story. Time to read up
  • PacinoPacino Regular
    edited July 2010
    2u5cj2f.jpg

:facepalm:
  • rejectreject Regular
    edited July 2010
    That is by far the best picture ever.

Cos his shiny yellow tazer is clearly a match for the G36.
  • PacinoPacino Regular
    edited July 2010
    Man, you know you're guns

But what the fuck is that face hes pulling looking right at the camera all about?
  • rejectreject Regular
    edited July 2010
    The camera dude blatantly just shouted "SHOW ME YOUR WAR FACE".
  • PacinoPacino Regular
    edited July 2010
  • PacinoPacino Regular
    edited July 2010
    sky news have managed to get night vision footage of it, hard to make it out but it looks like hes on his knees pointing a gun to his head, and 2 coppers stood over him pointing their guns at him