How to middle click on a Magic Mouse

DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
edited September 2010 in Tech & Games
multitouch-magic-mouse.jpg
Middle Clicking is necessary for the simple reason that it'll save you tonnes of time. For example, tabbing, activating the scroll button, etc..

MagicPrefs is the solution.

Not only does it enable you to use the middle button in your magic mouse, but it'll speed up your mac's default slow tracking speed. With loads of configurations, you can open up your favorite apps with 2 simple clicks, drags, pinches!

Here's a screenshot of the preference panel:
magicprefs12-31-1262291235.jpg

And best of all, it's FREEWARE.

Comments

• Professor ElmProfessor Elm Regular
    edited September 2010
    saweet. good find, will be using :)
  • MasturbatronMasturbatron Regular
    edited September 2010
    I fucking love how customizable the Magic Mouse is. It took me a long time to get used to a mouse without buttons though, but once you get the hang of it that mouse is bad ass.
  • edited September 2010
    I've never actually tried one, are they really all that good? I saw one and thought "ew".
  • DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited September 2010
    At first I said the same. It looked horrible. No buttons, ugly glossy surface, blah.

But after some usage with my Lachesis, I figured the magic mouse was 'designed' for the iMac for a reason. My lachesis' sensitivity was too much and magicprefs totally helped me get control of my magic mouse.

You oughta try it out. It's pretty sweet once you get used to it.
  • MasturbatronMasturbatron Regular
    edited September 2010
    Dysgraphia wrote: »
    At first I said the same. It looked horrible. No buttons, ugly glossy surface, blah.

But after some usage with my Lachesis, I figured the magic mouse was 'designed' for the iMac for a reason. My lachesis' sensitivity was too much and magicprefs totally helped me get control of my magic mouse.

You oughta try it out. It's pretty sweet once you get used to it.

That's pretty much all there is to say about the Magic Mouse.
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited September 2010
    I used one of the "apple mighty mice" today. I was almost going to cry out of fustration. Whoever thought of making those scroll wheels so small should be shot.

Admittedly half the problem was the way my uni set them up. They locked the mouse cord to the PC leaving about a 15cm cord to move the mouse. The default speed was horrible for the big screen and the surface was glossy making the mouse shoot in random directions.

The apple keyboard was a little tricky at first but i got used to it, why are the keys so spaced out?
  • edited September 2010
    I have it and I hate it. The 'buttons' are way too sensitive - I didn't even know it had a middle button.
  • edited September 2010
    Also, on the new Apple keyboard, why the fuck is the up and down key so tiny and close together?? IMPOSSIBLE to game with that POS. That's one of the main reasons I installed Windows on here. For everything else Macs may do, they DON'T do games!