Get rid of avatars plox

RemadERemadE Global Moderator
edited July 2010 in Help and Suggestions
There is probably a thread discussing this, but I feel it's quite a burning issue. One of the great things about &T was the lack of peopl ehaving retarded Avatars that was their personality squeezed into a tiny box.

Fuck that shit. Just get rid of them.
Who's with me?

EDIT - fine, yes, I'm a cock.

Comments

• da teachada teacha Regular
    edited July 2010
    Totally with you.

Get rid of groups, sigs and friendslists too: they're totally un-needed and invite the faggots who are here for social networking and ego-boosting.

Keep things simple; put the emphasis on decent posting.
  • edited July 2010
    RemadE wrote: »
    There is probably a thread discussing this, but I feel it's quite a burning issue. One of the great things about &T was the lack of peopl ehaving retarded Avatars that was their personality squeezed into a tiny box.

Fuck that shit. Just get rid of them.
    Who's with me?

Hell, why not? I say yea
    edited July 2010
    Wow, this place is moving in the wrong direction already.

Note how it's only the shitty posters who call for things like this, and the solid ones are those who don't give a fuck/want all this faggotry removed.
  • Habaner0Habaner0 Regular
    edited July 2010
  • mr.bluntmr.blunt Regular
    edited July 2010
    I would like to see no avatars, but don't really give a fuck.
  • edited July 2010
    mr.blunt wrote: »
    I don't really give a fuck.

This. They don't hurt but they don't really help. remove 'em keep 'em, it's no different wither way.
  • VizierVizier Regular
    edited July 2010
    Who gives a fuck anyway? Don't be so godamn elitist. Information is what matters, yes, but it's not 1998 anymore.
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited July 2010
    You can disable Avatars in your settings if you wish. No reason to really strip something and start a war when you can do it yourself :)
  • mashlehashmashlehash Regular
    edited July 2010
    I could care less about seeing avatars or not seeing avatars. At the time being, I'll exploit what I have.
  • TLVTLV Regular
    edited July 2010
    I don't really care either way. Why people make such a big deal about it is beyond me.
    edited July 2010
    TLV wrote: »
    I don't really care either way. Why people make such a big deal about it is beyond me.

When you give anyone a cookie, they're going to ask for a glass of milk.
  • weathersweathers Regular
    edited July 2010
    Before long you'll have faggots with cat avatars and shit.
  • KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
    edited July 2010
    projectpat?
  • MarijuanasaurusMarijuanasaurus Regular
    edited July 2010
  • skyclaw441skyclaw441 Regular
    edited July 2010
    I personally would love to have an avatar. But if you don't want to see them, just disable them. I mean, some people want them and some don't. It's much easier to meet the needs of everyone that way.
  • MarijuanasaurusMarijuanasaurus Regular
    edited July 2010
    skyclaw441 wrote: »
    I personally would love to have an avatar. But if you don't want to see them, just disable them. I mean, some people want them and some don't. It's much easier to meet the needs of everyone that way.

lol noob
  • PacoPaco me administrator
    edited July 2010
    LSA King wrote: »
    When you give anyone a cookie, they're going to ask for a glass of milk.

When the ask for a glass of milk, fuck them in the ass.
    edited July 2010
    This. They don't hurt but they don't really help. remove 'em keep 'em, it's no different wither way.

It's the type of people shit like this attracts.
    edited July 2010

SSSSSCCCCCRRRRREEEEEAAAAAWWWWW!!!!! Just had to :)

Paco wrote: »
    When the ask for a glass of milk, fuck them in the ass.

No homo though and prison style, of course.
  • PacoPaco me administrator
    edited July 2010
    LSA King wrote: »
    No homo though and prison style, of course.

Well of course.
  • 1357913579 Death Cog Machine
    edited July 2010
    Vizier wrote: »
    Who gives a fuck anyway? Don't be so godamn elitist. Information is what matters, yes, but it's not 1998 anymore.

Agree with both of these. If you don't like them, feel free to turn them off. I'd only like to see them smaller, 50x50 or 50x100 like Spectral suggested on Zoklet, so they don't mess with the format so much. The only thing that annoys me is some being bigger than others so the height of the bar containing the avatar and username is different for everybody.
  • TheGreenDoctorTheGreenDoctor Regular
    edited July 2010
    I'm not worried about it one way or the other, but I might as well put in some sort of cheap joke.
  • MantikoreMantikore Regular
    edited July 2010
    just turn them off if they annoy you.