Missing Muse

StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
edited September 2010 in Life
Here is a self titled poem. Hope you enjoy.

Missing Muse

I've lost it, it's gone
I have no reasons or motives
I am the epitome of Laissez Faire
Going wherever whatever takes me
I'm bored out of my fucking mind
This can't be healthy
It's like I've lost something
It's back down that long road
And there is no way I'm going back to hell
Not even for whatever is gone
It's like I had a muse
And now it's missing
Nothing is important anymore
I can't sleep, play, write, read
I should be depressed
But I can't care enough to be
It's a comfortable numbness
But without the once used needles

Comments

• ScuDScuD Regular
    edited September 2010
    did you build the poem around your name as a theme? or did you write and then name after yourself?
  • StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
    edited September 2010
    The name came to me a while ago. I wrote this poem the other night and it seemed to fit with the name. I guess kinda like when a band makes a self titled album.
  • ScuDScuD Regular
    edited September 2010
    i enjoy your other works. :thumbsup:
    edited September 2010
    Thanks ^.^ That means a lot coming from someone who isn't a close friend or family member. I've been meaning to put some other stuff here but can't decide what stories/poems because I think most of them are garbage.
  • ScuDScuD Regular
    edited September 2010
    i used to have the same problem. then my gf stole my work and showed it to an author that visited her university at a reading. now im getting published. whats the worst that could happen? its only totse. no one cares about totse....well, at least google doesn't
    edited September 2010
    lol This is true. A long time ago &T was much much bigger. There are still plenty of totseans out there that haven't joined up here. Gotta get to them somehow.
  • ScuDScuD Regular
    edited September 2010
    i know, i was around for the original totse. a friend of mine was on it all the time. im gonna kill jeff hunter.

i think the best thing we can do is keep contributing. let everyone bring good content everyday. we've got the name, and the people will come. except snoopy.