Amélie Company’s 3D Tailgating Billboard

DfgDfg Admin
edited September 2010 in Life
CSP-board-1.jpg

An excellent example of how PR can support an advertising campaign: At the installation of Amélie Company’s 3D billboard for the Colorado State Patrol (CSP), media were invited to see the unique creative and interview Creative Director Paul Suggett about the genesis and execution of the idea.

The 3D billboard is the final part of a campaign Amélie developed for CSP’s Ticketing Aggressive Cars and Trucks (TACT) initiative to reduce accidents and fatalities due to aggressive driving. The campaign targets cars and passenger vehicles as well as truckers themselves and helps drivers consider their driving behavior and educate them on the dangers of aggressive driving around trucks. The new 3D board simulates a crash between a car and a truck, but in a way that impacts the billboard itself. The crash of metal and wood guarantees that as many people as possible will be exposed to the board—and the message.

Paul Suggett, creative director at Amélie Company said, “There has never been a billboard quite like this one in Colorado. It’s very different, it’s for a cause that is trying to save lives, and we hope it will draw a lot of positive attention to this safety initiative.” The campaign also includes traditional billboards, radio spots, truck wraps and brochures.

The story caught the attention of top Denver news stations that sent crews to cover the installation of the billboard and interview Suggett about the concept. Sergeant Rocco Domenico of the Colorado State Patrol was also on hand to reinforce messaging about the law enforcement aspect of the campaign. The story was covered on all five Denver news stations offering a sizeable return on investment.
[vimeo]13888999[/vimeo]

Website

More

Interesting concept, one that could save lives or at least get some attention.

Comments

• edited September 2010
    I don't fuck with trucks at all.

EDIT: Also, glad to see something other than youtube. People need to switch over to other ones now that youtube has become filled with advertisements and censorship.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited September 2010
    I don't fuck with trucks at all.

EDIT: Also, glad to see something other than youtube. People need to switch over to other ones now that youtube has become filled with advertisements and censorship.

I always preferred vimeo over youtube. I asked for vimeo support on Zoklet but no one gave a fuck about it. :D I made sure Totse has support for every possible service available.
  • ScuDScuD Regular
    edited September 2010
    drive safely.

but really though. i loled through some of this. except for the baby part. it was like watching a car crash in slow mo - i couldnt take my eyes off of it. wait. wut.
  • SkittlesSkittles Regular
    edited September 2010
    I've seen quite a lot of awesome guerilla-ish advertising like this :thumbsup:

street-advertising.jpg
    elmgove2.jpg?w=400&h=266
    pedestrian_council2.jpg
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited September 2010
    That's quite an effective billboard. :eek:
    I suddenly have the urge to vandalize an old one.
    Skittles wrote: »
    I've seen quite a lot of awesome guerilla-ish advertising like this :thumbsup:

pedestrian_council2.jpg

We need to find this place^ and replace it with a totse.info one on the wall. :eek:
  • edited September 2010
    ScuD wrote: »
    drive safely.

but really though. i loled through some of this. except for the baby part. it was like watching a car crash in slow mo - i couldnt take my eyes off of it. wait. wut.

I love the part where that cocksucker gets thrown out of his car and dragged for 20 or so feet after trying to pass someone on the shoulder and I love the part where that prick kid dies for trying to pass someone on the wrong side of the road. Some people deserve it.
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited September 2010
    I love the part where that cocksucker gets thrown out of his car and dragged for 20 or so feet after trying to pass someone on the shoulder and I love the part where that prick kid dies for trying to pass someone on the wrong side of the road. Some people deserve it.
    Spoken like a true totsean. :thumbsup: