New iPod Nano

SkittlesSkittles Regular
edited September 2010 in Tech & Games
I've never really liked iPods, but this new Nano does look pretty sweet. It kind of just seems like an iPod Shuffle with a screen... nevertheless, I still want one!

ipod-nano-hands-on-20100901045129071-000.jpg

Theres a short video in this link: http://au.gear.ign.com/articles/111/1117658p1.html

What do you guys think of it?

Comments

• MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited September 2010
    saltines.jpg

First thing i thought of.

MORBO WILL CRUSH THE PUNY IPOD LIKE A CRACKER!
  • edited September 2010
    It's a shuffle with a screen, and its a great idea. The only thing which stopped me buying the shuffle in the first place was the fact there was no screen and you couldn't fit many songs on it. I think it would have just pissed me off.

This however, is looking pretty cool.
  • SkittlesSkittles Regular
    edited September 2010
    trx100 wrote: »
    It's a shuffle with a screen, and its a great idea. The only thing which stopped me buying the shuffle in the first place was the fact there was no screen and you couldn't fit many songs on it. I think it would have just pissed me off.

This however, is looking pretty cool.

I feel the exact same way.

I'm sure I'd lose or accidentally swallow that thing though :o
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited September 2010
    If they up the ante from 8GB to 16GB as the standard then I am all in. Looks a little gay and like the 3rd generation TBH.
  • KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
    edited September 2010
    It looks like it will get scratched as soon as you touch it.
    edited September 2010

Thats pretty much inevitable with most small electronics these days :sad: They will most likely have a ton of cases and screen protectors for these things though.
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited September 2010

That was my first thought when I saw the iPad. I was all omfg it's a giant fucking screen that'll get scratched and/or cracked instantly. This thing looks the same way. Honestly, there comes a point where shit is too small. My sansa clip+ is the smallest I'd want an mp3 player to be. They become way too easy to misplace. Just like those MicroSD cards. If you drop one on your carpet it becomes a huge pain to find it.
    edited September 2010
    The only thing I don't like about touch screens is that its a real bitch to switch songs while its in your pocket or while your driving. Things like this need at least bit of tactility to them. I see they've got volume buttons on the top but previous, play/pause, and next buttons would have been awesome. Nevertheless something that small shouldn't be too hard to navigate without looking.
    edited September 2010
  • KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
    edited September 2010
    I think apple is out of ideas...
  • RainycityRainycity Acolyte
    edited September 2010
    I think it would of been cooler if they kept it the same size and just made the screen huge, like a longer version of the pic.
    edited September 2010
    Rainycity wrote: »
    I think it would of been cooler if they kept it the same size and just made the screen huge, like a longer version of the pic.

Yeah and just have the new nano as the shuffle. The new nano doesn't have a camera either, and I doubt it can play movies not that you would want to watch a movie on that sized screen anyway :p

Lol... the iWatch!
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited September 2010
    Apple is really struggling here. But still will buy it because it has the APPLE LOGO on it.
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited September 2010
    Hilarious. Shit's too small for the screen to be useful, though. I prefer my sansa clip with it's 4 lines of text. Simple, effective.