Awesome Guerrilla Advertising Images

SkittlesSkittles Regular
edited June 2011 in Life
I researched this quite a lot back when I was studying, just thought I'd share some of my favorite images I found.
Typically, guerrilla marketing campaigns are unexpected and unconventional; potentially interactive; and consumers are targeted in unexpected places. The objective of guerrilla marketing is to create a unique, engaging and thought-provoking concept to generate buzz, and consequently turn viral.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guerrilla_marketing

Watches.jpg
vtm_gun_belgium_plastic_bag_advertising_crime.jpg
spider-man-urinal.jpg
miele-guerilla-marketing.jpg
amnesty.jpg
rejoice-guerrilla-marketing.bmp
rona.png
durex-guerilla-marketing.jpg
tumblr_l36zrv5swz1qc6lz5o1_500.jpg
nike.preview.jpg
ibba-2_25.jpg
guerilla_the_sopranos.jpg
outrageous-guerrilla-marketing-denver-bus-stop.jpg
guerrilla_marketing.jpg
3m-security-glass.jpg

This last one is my favorite. I remember seeing it in a book where they caught people on tape trying to break the glass to get the cash, but no one could! The top notes were real, but everything underneath was fake :sad:

Comments

• DfgDfg Admin
    edited September 2010
    The last one is indeed awesome.

Great thread
  • edited September 2010
    Hahaa, oh wow. This thread is awesome, I need to find some more of these images. I think I've seen some around before, and theres always things like this on billboards etc.

Great thread. :D
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited September 2010
    Skittles wrote: »
    This last one is my favorite. I remember seeing it in a book where they caught people on tape trying to break the glass to get the cash, but no one could! The top notes were real, but everything underneath was fake :sad:
    Still! There was real money in it, therefore I still would've had a crack at hacking it. :)
  • SkittlesSkittles Regular
    edited September 2010
    I can imagine this first advertisement not going all that well with that cash one ;) I added a few others I found while trying to look for this one.
    gm0.jpg
    dhlonlinetracking1.jpg
    18_guerrilla_ad.jpg
    a96887_73.jpg
    jeeparking3.jpg
    seafood.jpg
    a96672_a443_neglected-children21.jpg
    35_guerrilla_ad.jpg
    22_guerrilla_ad.jpg
    oohtique_com_sex_in_the_city.jpg
    16_guerrilla_ad.jpg
    34_guerrilla_ad.jpg
    30_guerrilla_ad.jpg
    38_guerrilla_ad.jpg
    24_guerrilla_ad.jpg
    edited September 2010
    edited September 2010
    I just found this
    This billboard - done with queen bee pheromones - has gathered more than 100,000 bees in the town of Devon. The message turns the international distress signal "Save Our Souls - save our souls - in Save Our Swarm literally save our hives.

Live-bee-board-billboard-outdoor-abeilles-marketing-alternatif-banrock-station-plan-bee-cooperative-1-600x370.jpg

• KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
    edited September 2010
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited September 2010
    I love seeing ads like these. Although I don't like the idea of ads, it's great to see how creative some people can be.
  • McSkluvinMcSkluvin Regular
    edited September 2010

Live-bee-board-billboard-outdoor-abeilles-marketing-alternatif-banrock-station-plan-bee-cooperative-1-600x370.jpg

Awesome. :thumbsup:
    edited September 2010
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited September 2010
    The elevator one is trippy as fuck! Would freak me out.
  • Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited September 2010
    The building with the paint was pretty sweet.
    edited September 2010
    I can imagine this first advertisement not going all that well with that cash one ;) I added a few others I found while trying to look for this one.

Anyone dumb enough to pour HF on a bus stop deserves to die the painful death it brings.
  • Drake01Drake01 Semo-Regulars
    edited June 2011
    A variety of advertising techniques has been adopted to help a company get a good exposure in the market and thereby increase the sales of a company's products or services. So, if you would like to opt for advertising service providers then do look for them online.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited June 2011
    Drake01 wrote: »
    A variety of advertising techniques has been adopted to help a company get a good exposure in the market and thereby increase the sales of a company's products or services. So, if you would like to opt for advertising service providers then do look for them online.

Wat.