Wash Your Hair Properly

MayberryMayberry Regular
edited September 2010 in Life
shampooing-hair.jpg

I'm surprised how many people just pour some shampoo onto their head and just mix it around. It gets the job done, but it does not keep your head as healthy and clean as when done properly.

Step-by-step:
  1. Step into a lukewarm shower.
  2. Rinse your hair with brushing motions using your hands.
  3. Squirt a quarter-sized amount of shampoo into one hand and rub your hands together.
  4. Place the shampoo onto your hair at the scalp.
  5. Work the shampoo and massage your hair and scalp using your fingertips. Do not use your fingernails. This will damage your scalp and may cause more dandruff.
  6. If there isn't much lather in your hair, rinse, and repeat steps 3-5 once.
  7. Rinse and brush your hair from top down using your hands to wring out excess water.
  8. [Optional] Put enough conditioner to cover all your hair. Wait several minutes (touch yourself to pass the time), then rinse.
  9. Grab a towel, and wipe yourself dry.
  10. Get out of the shower and admire your beautiful hair.

Note: Conditioner is optional because it doesn't work well for everyone. For me, it makes my hair very sticky, no matter what conditioner I use, so it's not a quality problem.

Comments

• NamasteNamaste Regular
    edited September 2010
    With conditioner for people with a tendency to have oily hair, doing just the ends can prevent a bit of oiliness, and if you're one of those people, it's probably better to forgo conditioner entirely, if you don't need it to comb through your hair. It took me forever to figure out that using too much conditioner was making my hair most greasy, and once I started using a small amount on just the ends, my hair started looking significantly less oily.

But good guide. Good hygiene is really important, and it's something that seem people commonly slack on, so this could probably be really useful to some people.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited September 2010
    I was told to do that but my hair is perfect with just shampoo and water, so no need to waste money on something I don't need. I'm glad to be blessed with good hair, everybody (mostly girls and feminine guys) gets mad when I tell them I just shampoo and water.
  • NamasteNamaste Regular
    edited September 2010
    Mayberry wrote: »
    I was told to do that but my hair is perfect with just shampoo and water, so no need to waste money on something I don't need. I'm glad to be blessed with good hair, everybody (mostly girls and feminine guys) gets mad when I tell them I just shampoo and water.

I can't comb through my hair unless I put conditioner on the ends of it, because my hair is like really fine, it gets in knots like you would not believe. >.< But I feel like conditioner isn't probably necessary for everyone, a lot of people would probably be better off not using it.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited September 2010
    Really? This is what this site is going to strive for? Telling people how to do things that we have been doing all of our lives without even having to think about? Why not just write a guide on how to swallow the spit that collects in your mouth or how to wipe your ass FFS.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited September 2010
    i didn't know that your fingernails could cause dandruff.

a80770_xlf.jpg
  • NamasteNamaste Regular
    edited September 2010
    Really? This is what this site is going to strive for? Telling people how to do things that we have been doing all of our lives without even having to think about? Why not just write a guide on how to swallow the spit that collects in your mouth or how to wipe your ass FFS.

Is this what you are going to strive for? Being a negative nelly in every thread you post in? Lighten up, dude.
  • edited September 2010
    Interesting guide.

Conditioner is interesting. It makes your hair all soft and cool, but it ruins the flicks in my hair. I never use it because I like my hair to flick up at the end.