External Image Hosting.

KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
edited September 2010 in Help and Suggestions
I recently changed my website to use externally hosted images, and it DRAMATICALLY reduces bandwidth and server load.

I suggest we externally host the images on totse. This way it will be much harder to get the account suspended.

Comments

• DfgDfg Admin
    edited September 2010
    We already host images else where. I use dropbox. But I agree a dedicated image hosting server would be nice.
  • KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
    edited September 2010
    Dfg wrote: »
    We already host images else where.

oEaH4.png
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited September 2010
    oEaH4.png

Well, I meant the images used in threads etc. When the article system Joomla is in place we might use dropbox or another server.
  • edited September 2010
    This is a good idea. In fact, how much load would be placed on a dedicated image hosting server? If it's not too much, I might build one myself :D
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited September 2010
    trx100 wrote: »
    This is a good idea. In fact, how much load would be placed on a dedicated image hosting server? If it's not too much, I might build one myself :D

Don't have any numbers but I assume it will be high bandwidth wise.
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited September 2010
    I've been using http://ezpicshare.com/ for all my one time picture hosting needs. Some no-name site thats been up and working fast and flawlessly for a year and supports just about any image type and up to 10MB in size. I'd use dropbox but I'm too lazy to login and upload then paste. So much easier to use a image hosting site to do all the work for you, plus resizing :).
  • edited September 2010
    I was using Uloadr, but the cunts decided it was a good idea to change the website around and make all the links dead.