Forum Descriptions Review

SkittlesSkittles Regular
edited September 2010 in Help and Suggestions
So its been discussed that some of the forum descriptions are a little out of date, and don't quite adhere to todays Totse. While some need to change it would be nice to mainly see them updated and not completely overhauled unless necessary. Here's an example:

Before: Half Baked
This forum encompasses anything of a non-conversationalist nature that is not full and complete enough to better fit into the conversationalist forum, Spurious Generalities. This is a place for irrelevant pondering, and licking the butter, and where you can make a poll, ask a dumb question, start a game thread, or even flame, bitch and moan to your hearts content.

After: Half Baked
This forum encompasses anything of a non-conversationalist nature that is not full and complete enough to better fit into the conversationalist forum, Spurious Generalities. This is a place for irrelevant pondering, shock imagery, dumb questions, clone threads, game threads, polls, blogs and butter licking to your hearts content.

I edited HB to encompass everything SG isn't supposed to have (what was in the SG rules). I also noticed HB had "...or even flame, bitch and moan to your hearts content.", then the B&M forum had "Bitch, moan, flame and complain." so I took it out to avoid confusion. I'm not sure what's up with the "and licking the butter" but I added it back in there for the nostalgia and lulz :D

What do you think Totse? Should we update the forum descriptions? If so, what would you suggest as a description?

Comments

• DfgDfg Admin
    edited September 2010
    I like this idea. Since Totse.info is all about making Totse better and avoiding past mistakes. Updating forum descriptions of forums which are outdated or are problem zones can actually benefit the user base. Since, we're focused on getting new users it would be easier if the new user can understand what forums to post things in. As of now most of the descriptions are vague or hard to understand unless you're an old Totsean and even then it becomes tricky.

Again, your feedbacks are essential and I hope the description changes would be minor and will not affect the feel of this place.
  • HellishHellish Regular
    edited September 2010
  • edited September 2010
    I agree with this thread, good call! :D Looks nice too.
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited September 2010
    I say do it. The descriptions are still almost identical to how they once were but updated a bit. It'll also help cut down on the amount of sticky's.
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited September 2010
    Updating the descriptions is win.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited September 2010
  • LuxJigabooLuxJigaboo Regular
    edited September 2010
    Yeah, that is the original HB description. Here is the one that is more recent:

Encompassing the unfathomable depths and rather easily comprehensible shallows of a non-conversationalist nature, including such activities as polling, licking the butter, handstands, irrelevant pondering, making game threads, whining, flaming, and everything else that makes you smile.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited September 2010
    Any update on this? I am waiting for anyone to go against this change? If everyone agrees I will change HB description.
  • edited September 2010
    Dfg wrote: »
    Any update on this? I am waiting for anyone to go against this change? If everyone agrees I will change HB description.

Nope, I agree with it dude :D
  • SkittlesSkittles Regular
    edited September 2010
    Ridiculous idea. I oppose.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited September 2010
    Skittles wrote: »
    Ridiculous idea. I oppose.

I was just following the protocol. It's like the Marriage ceremony where the priest asks if anyone opposes this marriage. Regardless of what you say, they will just continue with the wedding :p and you will be left high and dry with a limp dick in your pocket.

Nah, I will just do what the majority wants and common sense tells me it will only improve Totse.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited September 2010
    Majority wants to rename it "The Mayberry Lounge" mayberrysmilie.gif?w=8e089110