Army National Guard

DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
edited September 2010 in Spurious Generalities
I'm applying to it.

Right after I get my a/c powerplant license and finish my 5th year at H.S.

I'm gonna fix planes and shit.

Comments

• DfgDfg Admin
    edited September 2010
    Awesome, can you post some repair manuals and shit and help me fly some planes :).

But honestly, good luck mate and I hope you get the job.
  • DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited September 2010
    Can't post repair manuals. It'd make no sense, there's 2 certified FAA bibles for that.

I don't know how to properly fly planes, but I guess I could manage helping ya with the takeoff. Landing shouldn't be a problem, eh?
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited September 2010
    Dysgraphia wrote: »
    Can't post repair manuals. It'd make no sense, there's 2 certified FAA bibles for that.

I don't know how to properly fly planes, but I guess I could manage helping ya with the takeoff. Landing shouldn't be a problem, eh?

That would do just fine :)
  • acid_dropacid_drop Regular
    edited September 2010
    5th year of highschool? You failed a grade?
  • kfc v lotkfc v lot Regular
    edited September 2010
    Good luck!
    I am not quite sure what the national guard actually is, I've seen it turn up in many a film but never really new what it was. Is it like our (UK) Territorial Army?
  • ScuDScuD Regular
    edited September 2010
    kfc v lot wrote: »
    Good luck!
    I am not quite sure what the national guard actually is, I've seen it turn up in many a film but never really new what it was. Is it like our (UK) Territorial Army?

was the territorial gaurd formed during wwII after this speech?
    we shall not flag or fail. We shall go on to the end, we shall fight in France, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our Island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender, and even if, which I do not for a moment believe, this Island or a large part of it were subjugated and starving, then our Empire beyond the seas, armed and guarded by the British Fleet, would carry on the struggle, until, in God's good time, the New World, with all its power and might, steps forth to the rescue and the liberation of the old. -Sir Winston Churchill
  • edited September 2010
    kfc v lot wrote: »
    Good luck!
    Kind of. They're technically the army of each state, and the President can call them to active federal duty where they act like any other soldier. The difference between the National Guard and the Army is that it's illegal for the Army to operate on American soil.
    edited September 2010
    Our national guard are intended to stay state side for inner country emercencies and the like. But they've been shipped over more and more, for every conflict.

Personally, as a former member of the Active Army, I think it's a bit dumb. They don't train the guys nearly enough to get ready for such combat and conditions, so they end up getting the short end of the stick.

And it's no illegal for the Arm to operate on our soil.... We had members of my division, the 82nd, in New Orleans after that whole shit storm.
  • edited September 2010
    acid_drop wrote: »
    Personally, as a former member of the Active Army, I think it's a bit dumb. They don't train the guys nearly enough to get ready for such combat and conditions, so they end up getting the short end of the stick.
    And how will people who couldn't hack it on active duty get on the government teat?
    And it's no illegal for the Arm to operate on our soil.... We had members of my division, the 82nd, in New Orleans after that whole shit storm.
    MY bad, under normal conditions it's illegal but like all things there are ways around it.
  • DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited September 2010
    5th year of highschool? You failed a grade?
    No. The 5th year is optional if you want to get both your A&P licenses.
    edited September 2010
    And how will people who couldn't hack it on active duty get on the government teat?

MY bad, under normal conditions it's illegal but like all things there are ways around it.

A lot of combat troops, and wounded soldiers end up getting royally fucked by the .gov when they are discharged. They'll fuck you one way or another. I think they get off to it.

There are Army, Marine, Airforce, and Navy bases all over the country. If we really were being invaded do you think they would say, "Oh just let the National Guard take care of it, it's not our jobs." Hell no, active troops are always the first to respond as they are the ones are better trained, and kept in shape because they are there year round. I didn't get to visit my girlfriend and family every day except one weekend a month.

The National Guard has it's place, fighting front lines shouldn't be part of it. These people are in the National Guard because they usually have full time jobs over here, or have came off Active duty. Like I said, they're kind of getting fuxed.