Challenge the overlord.

edited October 2010 in Life
So I cook for a living, I bet a few of you do too. But I consider "scrounge cooking" to be an art unto itself. Taking seemingly unusable ingredients and turning them into palateable food is culinary mastership of the highest order, true creativity is only brought out by limitation. So whats in the back of your freezer?, what's gathering dust in your cupboard?, what's a day away from growing legs and saying" hello sanchez, how was your day?" in your fridge? Tell me, and I will, with a $3 budget of items from a convenience store(or not), and the simple ingredients of: oil(or margarine), flour, salt, and pepper, tell you how to cook it into something not wonderful, but at least edible.
Sock it to me.
C/O

Comments

• edited September 2010
    In the back of my freezer, I have some beefburgers, a couple pizza's and some other crap. Cupboards have mainly pasta in, with various sauces. I've got canned tomato soup as well, some rice, and a few other things which I can't remember.
  • edited September 2010
    If you have instant rice, thaw the beefburgers, add some of the instant rice, about 1 spoonful for each burger, otherwise maybe some dry bread ends bashed to a fine powder in a bag, same ratio, add any spices you have/like, not much. Mush the living crap out if the mix in a bowl, form into a square and put it in something ovenproof. Mix a can of tomato or mushroom soup with half the reccomended water in a separate bowl and pour over the hunk O' beef. Oven for about 20 min at preheated 350 with tinfoil over it, then once it's bubbling, another 20 min uncovered.
    Funky meatloaf.
    Serve with, some kind of starchy stuff.
    Add-on's; can of drained mushrooms, diced onions, layer of sliced potato's beneath the meat.
    C/O
  • edited September 2010
    Oh dear god, that actually sounds awesome! Thanks for the suggestion, I want foods now :D
  • edited October 2010
    Culinary overlord you are a fucking faggot. Just because you microwave chicken alfredo at Olive Garden does not make you a cook. I could cook you under the fucking table without breaking a sweat and I am ready to prove it you fucking mongloid.:cool:
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited October 2010
    51B6NS7Q3KL.jpg

A nigger :mad:
  • Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited October 2010
    Niggers will not come. They only eat poultry and pork.
  • edited October 2010
    Culinary overlord you are a fucking faggot. Just because you microwave chicken alfredo at Olive Garden does not make you a cook. I could cook you under the fucking table without breaking a sweat and I am ready to prove it you fucking mongloid.:cool:

And how, exactly, do you intend to prove this over the internet?.

Anyway, I sure as shit don't put myself off as a great chef, I have worked amongst this breed before and prancing around a kitchen with an ass full of turned vegetables dolloping cranberry-seaweed foam on overpriced steamed lentils might be your idea of cooking, but it's not mine.

I cook real food, chicken stew with dumplings, stuffed roast pork loin, BBQ, I have 20 years of experience cooking for working class people and I am damn good at it, in fact I'm the fucking overlord.

I also like to teach others to cook, and giving advice on using diverse and strange ingredients is what I hope to do in this thread. But thanks for bumping my thread troll, and giving me an excuse to bump it again. Now go microwave something your useless whore of a mother cooked for you before going out to suck dick for crack money.
    C/O
    "Fatty and Big Bear sittin' in a tree, F- A- P- P- I- N- G"
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited October 2010
    ^ This response is win.
  • edited October 2010
    I'm old. I couldn't make it in a real restaurant and resent those that are younger faster and smarter than I. Therefore I sing the praises of american comfort food that takes little technique to produce. I feel at home in dive bars and retirement homes. I've been passed over for promotions many times due to my drinking and general disinterest in the advancements in cuisine.

Fixed.
  • edited October 2010
    OOOhhh, you are sooo my new best friend. You troll me, yet say little about your own experience or tastes, if you want to throw down open a thread in bitch and moan and name your terms. But I am trying to do something useful here so if you have any respect for the profession, and I doubt you do, just lay off this one thread, please. And thanks for bumping it again, troll.
    C/O
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited October 2010

I believe you sir are the faggot as youve said before.:D I disagree with most of what CO says but for some reason I like the guy. Also the hello Sanchez line in the op made me lol. Once I check my fridge Ill let you know I could use some cooking tips.
  • KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
    edited October 2010
    I have carrots, waffles, raisins, and some peanut butter. What can I make?
    edited October 2010

Waffle snowman!!!!!!

rice-crispie-snowman.jpg
  • edited October 2010

Wow, thats a rough one, no roadkill around?
    Hokay, aside from the obvious waffle sandwich with peanut butter and raisins inside, ummmm. This may be bending my thread rules a bit but with some brown sugar and dill... um no that would be gross, the lack of meat has me a little flummoxed, carrots and raisins go very well together if you boil the carrots a little first and then then saute them with a little butter, some beer, raisins, brown sugar and a dash of cinnamon if you have it, cook it down till the raisins plump a bit and the liquid is just enough to coat the carrots/raisins. But this is only suitable as a side dish. Add some curry and some chick peas and you have something that might be good on rice.
    Final answer, waffle sandwich, some chopped bananas and a couple of strips of bacon would make this an Elvis favorite!
    C/O
    "Dammit Jim, I'm a cook not a magician"
  • KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
    edited October 2010
    Lol I stumped you. :D

I have successfully challenged then beaten the overlord.
  • acid_dropacid_drop Regular
    edited October 2010
    fanglekai wrote: »
    Waffle snowman!!!!!!

I lulzed... But those are rice krispies mang.

BAD FANGLEY DANGLE!
  • edited October 2010
    Lol I stumped you. :D

I have successfully challenged then beaten the overlord.

I made a suggestion, just not a good one. Fine, I'll eat a loss on this one. But tomorrow is another day.
    edited October 2010
    acid_drop wrote: »
    I lulzed... But those are rice krispies mang.

BAD FANGLEY DANGLE!

Google failed to find me a pic, so I used that one even though it wasn't waffles. It would be a new culinary creation of epic magnitude and google could then index it!!!

I still say waffle snowman!!!!!!

waffle%20snowman.jpg
    edited October 2010
    I lurve waffles :). Although I despise pancakes.

Fuck I want a waffle and some real maple syrup. Yum!
    edited October 2010
    Real maple is pretty strong. I like log cabin with real sugar. It's got a nice flavor without being too maple-y.
    edited October 2010
    Real maple is pretty strong. I like log cabin with real sugar. It's got a nice flavor without being too maple-y.

Log Cabin Syrup is made a few miles from where I grew up :hai:
  • edited October 2010
    Waffle bacon sandwich with maple syrup! Damn I'm hungry, for a cook I sure have jack shit around here to cook with.
    edited October 2010
    Log Cabin Syrup is made a few miles from where I grew up :hai:

Log cabin has always been my fav. It has a wonderful flavor. Hopefully the place that makes it isn't a shithole :o
    edited October 2010
    Log cabin has always been my fav. It has a wonderful flavor. Hopefully the place that makes it isn't a shithole :o

Eh. It's a tiny little town in Illinois. The place does have this cool ass Indian gift shop though. I love that place. And the mayor is some ridiculous ass fucking kid about my age.
  • duuudeduuude Regular
    edited October 2010
    What can I make out of ramen noodles, salt and vinegar chips, and goldfish ??
    Seriously that's all I have and I"m fuckin hungry
    edited October 2010
    I have ramen eggs red pepper and bread.
    edited October 2010
    I have ramen eggs red pepper and bread.

Sounds like egg drop soup for you, my man!
    edited October 2010
    Sounds like egg drop soup for you, my man!

Explain sorry i suck with cooking.
    edited October 2010
    Explain sorry i suck with cooking.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egg_drop_soup

Not as bad as it sounds. I actually love the stuff. But I'm used to eating like a poor bastard for no reason. Throw some noodles in there and you have yourself a nice little meal. :)
    edited October 2010
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egg_drop_soup

Not as bad as it sounds. I actually love the stuff. But I'm used to eating like a poor bastard for no reason. Throw some noodles in there and you have yourself a nice little meal. :)

Awesome. I love egg drop soup but I looked it up and I didnt know it was that easy to make. I'll have to try this.
  • edited October 2010
    Perhaps I should have taken into account the somewhat "frugal" nature of many totseans, oh well.
    Ramen, sv. chips, goldfish; gonna have to take another loss on that one.
    At least Sanchez has some protein to work with.
    Cut and fry the red pepper in a little butter on low heat until it is soft, the heat should be just high enough that you hear it sizzling, but not enough that it smokes.
    Then add the water and the little stock pouch, I like a little less in my ramen than the directions, and bring to a boil.
    Add the noodles when it is boiling, while they cook, quickly crack an egg in a small bowl and beat with a fork.
    Just as the noodles are done slowly trickle the beaten egg into the soup while slowly stirring it, the egg will come apart and cook into "shreds"
    Good add ons, stick of cut pepperoni, onions(fry with peppers), chilli garlic sauce.
    C/O
    "fer cryin' out loud guys it's hunting season, and DON'T go telling be you don't have guns!"
    good call Acid Drop, this was posted while I was writing mine!
    edited October 2010
    Right next to me, I have a glass of milk, a bowl of salsa, ~30 saltine crackers, a bag of BBQ flavoured potato chips, and a Coffee Crisp. I am willing to go to the kitchen to cook something made from these ingredients if it will be delicious.
    edited October 2010
    Salsa is a meal in itself asshole!

....If I open a jar/container of salsa it's always gone by the time I'm done :facepalm: Luckily it's very low in calories as I would be a huge fat fuck. :facepalm: Man I love salsa. Forgot some while I was at the store.
  • DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited October 2010
    Ramen noodles, water and milk.

Try that.
    edited October 2010
    "fer cryin' out loud guys it's hunting season, and DON'T go telling be you don't have guns!"

Can't hunt anything worth killing in Illinois with a rifle. Don't like using shotgun slugs. I mayyyyy break down and shoot a rabbit to make a stew this winter though.

And yes, I know, I'm quite awesome. :) One of my favorite breakfasts is eggs over easy, sauted onions, and sauerkraut. I know how weird that sounds, I get scowls in the morning when zombie girlfriend is stumbling around. But I also love me some egg drop soup. Yum yum.
    edited October 2010
    Salsa is a meal in itself asshole!

:facepalm: That's not the point of this thread.
    edited October 2010
    Oh and egg drop soup is delicious. Try adding some of these: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tremella_fuciformis. Usually available at a Chinese market or herbal shop.
    edited October 2010
    Mayberry wrote: »
    :facepalm: That's not the point of this thread.

Your opinion carries no validity. :o
    edited October 2010
    Mayberry wrote: »
    Oh and egg drop soup is delicious. Try adding some of these: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tremella_fuciformis. Usually available at a Chinese market or herbal shop.

Also. There is a Chinese market just inside the city here, but the woman at the counter always frightens me. War isn't shit till you have to deal with this batshit crazy 4'8" violent Chinese woman! :o
    edited October 2010
    Perhaps I should have taken into account the somewhat "frugal" nature of many totseans, oh well.
    Ramen, sv. chips, goldfish; gonna have to take another loss on that one.
    At least Sanchez has some protein to work with.
    Cut and fry the red pepper in a little butter on low heat until it is soft, the heat should be just high enough that you hear it sizzling, but not enough that it smokes.
    Then add the water and the little stock pouch, I like a little less in my ramen than the directions, and bring to a boil.
    Add the noodles when it is boiling, while they cook, quickly crack an egg in a small bowl and beat with a fork.
    Just as the noodles are done slowly trickle the beaten egg into the soup while slowly stirring it, the egg will come apart and cook into "shreds"
    Good add ons, stick of cut pepperoni, onions(fry with peppers), chilli garlic sauce.
    C/O

True I need to kill me a deer soon. One deer lasts so long and it's awesome tasting.
    edited October 2010
    You've never been in a real fight until you've fought with a tiny, angry, old Chink woman :o
    edited October 2010
    True I need to kill me a deer soon. One deer lasts so long and it's awesome tasting.

I agree.... But no can use rifle here :facepalm:
    Mayberry wrote:
    You've never been in a real fight until you've fought with a tiny, angry, old Chink woman

I refuse! :o
    edited October 2010
    I agree.... But no can use rifle here :facepalm:

I refuse! :o

There's always bow hunting.
    edited October 2010
    There's always bow hunting.

Meh. I'm not avid enough of a hunter to buy a bow, and do all the other required crap. I'm not the guy you see walking around in camo.
  • edited October 2010
    Just got me a deer heart and liver from a bud at the bar, the liver is huge! I'm not so big on the heart, too small to stuff, I'm not really sure what I'm going to so with it. But the liver, yummm. Lightly floured thin slices fried in butter, served with sauteed wild mushrooms, bacon and onions, and maybe some pan fries. Why a deer needs a liver bigger than mine is somewhat puzzling to me, but mine would probably break your teeth.
    And indeed, salsa is a meal unto iteslf!
    C/O
    "hurr hurr, I'm a dur (Bang!)"
    edited October 2010

I think you'd be fun to hunt with. I dunno why, though. I'd like some deer meat too. Damn that sounds good right now.
  • edited October 2010
    Dysgraphia wrote: »
    Ramen noodles, water and milk.

Try that.

Damn, does anyone have anything to eat other than ramen? You could try making some quesa fresco with the milk, if you have some vinegar that is. Just bring the milk almost to a boil and add a little salt and vinegar, the protein will separate, and you can pour the results through a clean piece of t-shirt to separate it. (I like this process because it reminds me of drug recipies). Twist the t-shirt around the resulting ball and squeeze out all the remaining moisture, the let it cool. Slice up the ball and have it with your ramen, or flour and fry it in some oil(better).
    C/O
    edited October 2010
    Queso fresco. Not quesa fresco. The noun and adjective must agree in gender and number.
  • edited October 2010
    Queso fresco. Not quesa fresco. The noun and adjective must agree in gender and number.

I stand corrected.
    edited October 2010
    U can check out my spanish help thread in cunning linguists.