Is it just me

DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
edited October 2010 in Help and Suggestions
Or was totse down for most of the day. Stupid question I know but isitdown.com said it was up and I want to know if my internet is just gay or it was really down.

Comments

• KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
    edited October 2010
    It was up.
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited October 2010
    Fuck. Ive been having trouble getting on here for the past 2 days. It keeps saying the connection timed out. Any idea how I can fix this? It only happens with this site:mad:
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited October 2010
    Fuck. Ive been having trouble getting on here for the past 2 days. It keeps saying the connection timed out. Any idea how I can fix this? It only happens with this site:mad:

It seems this is your first experience with the "connection timed out" problem. It's cause your isp blocked the site. Use a proxy.
    edited October 2010
    Mayberry wrote: »
    It seems this is your first experience with the "connection timed out" problem. It's cause your isp blocked the site. Use a proxy.

Seriously?? Why would my ISP block the site? I visit far worse sites then this and haven't had this happen. Damn thats gay as shit.:angry: Also does this mean comcast (my isp) is spying on what I visit and can they track what I type in emails and pm's? Now I'm paranoid.
    edited October 2010
    Seriously?? Why would my ISP block the site? I visit far worse sites then this and haven't had this happen. Damn thats gay as shit.:angry: Also does this mean comcast (my isp) is spying on what I visit and can they track what I type in emails and pm's? Now I'm paranoid.

It might not be the content, but possibly your isp doesn't like the way the site sends/receives data. And yeh, your isp is essentially acting as a middleman to connect you to the intarwebz, and all the information you send/receive passes through them :mad:
    edited October 2010
    Mayberry wrote: »
    It might not be the content, but possibly your isp doesn't like the way the site sends/receives data. And yeh, your isp is essentially acting as a middleman to connect you to the intarwebz, and all the information you send/receive passes through them :mad:

Fuck do they send shit to the feds or anything like that if you discuss and admit to illegal actions even if it's in email or something?:mad: I never knew this before. This is some bullshit.
    edited October 2010
    Fuck do they send shit to the feds or anything like that if you discuss and admit to illegal actions even if it's in email or something?:mad: I never knew this before. This is some bullshit.

I remember reading somewhere that they will cooperate with the feds if 'appropriate.'
  • KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
    edited October 2010
    edited October 2010
    spazz wrote: »
    IDK if it has changed. but I belive they keep your actions archived for 6 months, then if the feds request they hand over the data. but its ALLOOOOOOTTTTT of data. so you would have to have done something bad for them to care.

Ok it's all good then if they have to request it. I thought they combed through it automatically and gave it the feds or something:facepalm: