Bulletin Board Archives?

mksnowboardermksnowboarder Semo-Regulars
edited July 2010 in Help and Suggestions
Am I just getting my hopes up here? You have a link for the old forums, but it doesn't work. When fixed, will I seriously have access to all the BLTC threads that existed when totse kicked it?

If so, this site may have something to offer afterall.

mike

Comments

• metameta Regular
    edited July 2010
    Yes Im curious about this aswell. I know that the archives are floating around out there somewhere, but how can we bring them here?
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2010
    I think we discussed this in some thread. We're going to merge old threads into the current Vbull manually.
  • FrYFrY Regular
    edited July 2010
    Dfg wrote: »
    I think we discussed this in some thread. We're going to merge old threads into the current Vbull manually.

Now this would be tits.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2010
    FrY wrote: »
    Now this would be tits.

Yes, it would be tits. But sooner or later we have to do it.
  • Totse BotTotse Bot Banned
    edited July 2010
    How will this work, though? Would we still be able to reply? What about people with the same usernames; would the posts from the old threads contribute to their postcounts? What if someone just stole their username, like "bloodydiaperman"?
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited July 2010
    Also can anyone upload the complete backup of Totse that gave the foundation to bring it back to its somewhat current state as it is here? I'd like to permanently back it up just in case. Don't know really what to do with it, but those archives cannot be lost. It's our history we must save the ring of man! :D
  • ILTST9ILTST9 Regular
    edited July 2010
    Blunderful wrote: »
    How will this work, though? Would we still be able to reply? What about people with the same usernames; would the posts from the old threads contribute to their postcounts? What if someone just stole their username, like "bloodydiaperman"?

He'll have to somehow make it so all those posts show up as if they were made from a guest user with that name to avoid confusion.
  • edited July 2010
    ILTST9 wrote: »
    He'll have to somehow make it so all those posts show up as if they were made from a guest user with that name to avoid confusion.

I agree with this. Very good idea.
  • v0xv0x Regular
    edited July 2010
    The archive is still alive. Search for totse.rar on piratebay. I also have a copy on my computer and on an external HD, so we're pretty safe. It's amazing that the threads are going to be merged, although I mostly lurked on Totse.

Off topic, we should really make everyone go back to their original handles. It would make things sooooooo much easier.
  • MarijuanasaurusMarijuanasaurus Regular
    edited July 2010
    Am I just getting my hopes up here? You have a link for the old forums, but it doesn't work. When fixed, will I seriously have access to all the BLTC threads that existed when totse kicked it?

If so, this site may have something to offer afterall.

mike

This site already has something to offer with the original working text files.
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited July 2010
    v0x wrote: »
    The archive is still alive. Search for totse.rar on piratebay. I also have a copy on my computer and on an external HD, so we're pretty safe. It's amazing that the threads are going to be merged, although I mostly lurked on Totse.

Off topic, we should really make everyone go back to their original handles. It would make things sooooooo much easier.

I don't think the 4 seeders on TPB realize the tracker announce URL's are dead and therefore can't seed. I tried letting it go for an hour last night on my seedbox and all it said was Error tracker not found on all four.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2010
    Someone just use Dropbox and load it up.
  • mksnowboardermksnowboarder Semo-Regulars
    edited July 2010
    This site already has something to offer with the original working text files.

Text files? The drug text files on totse were trash. I want the threads.

mike