Bullfighting

dr rockerdr rocker Regular
edited November 2010 in Spurious Generalities
When I was a kid I accepted that spaniards were barbarians and that if they wanted to kill bulls, they would do. I was not particularly bothered about it. Truth be told, I enjoyed hunting, and while a bullfight is no where near hunting, they are both traditional activities.

I decided to look for videos of bullfighting tonight.

I had trouble finding technically brilliant bullfighting videos on youtube. Hippies probably had them removed so people did not know how brilliant bullfighting is.

The first one I found was one from Portugal. Even tho the bull has those leather socks over its cut down horns, if one of them gets you in the chest the right way, people are going to see lungs.

Portuguese bullfighting:

The next one is from spain. Be warned it features seval cows being, for want of better words, stabbed to death.

When I saw my first bullfight propper on TV, I was on a spanish Island and I cried. I thought I must have cried at thinking the spanish were a cold and barbaric people. It was however, because I was appreciating a true honest beauty in something.

I have watched many bullfights since that day. I think I spent all of the days of that holiday wathing bullfighting. I have since read couple of books about it. It is very interesting.

With a good skilled kill in bullfighting, the bull gets stabbed with a sword, spinal cord and aorta are cut, the bull falls pretty much dead off the sword as quick as it went into it.

Most of the kills in the next video are not brilliant, but there are some good parts.

Spanish bullfighting:

South Korean bullfighting:

Although I do appreciate the korean bullfighting on some levels, the koreans are an odd, odd people. This is a pretty strange sport.

Comments

• DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited November 2010
    Thanks for the videos OP:thumbsup: I agree bullfighting is awesome.
  • MooseKnuckleMooseKnuckle Regular
    edited November 2010
    interesting to watch, thats cool you lived in spain rocker. i cant lie sometimes i was rooting for the bull to get a gore in on em
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited November 2010
    interesting to watch, thats cool you lived in spain rocker. i cant lie sometimes i was rooting for the bull to get a gore in on em

Nah, didnt live there, holidays there. Couple of times. Could have lived there but had things going on in the UK the meant it was best to be in the UK. Got my spanish as decent as my german. It wasnt so touristy when I went back in the day.

Was a nice place.