Public Holidays Have No Meaning To Me Anymore

SkittlesSkittles Regular
edited November 2010 in Spurious Generalities
Whenever its Guy Fawkes I never stop to think about what it represents or why we celebrate it, I just like seeing pretty explosives. Same goes for Christmas. I don't give a shit about Jeeeeebus, but still love the holiday for the food, time with family, and obviously the presents :hai:

Does anyone else feel like public holidays are losing their meaning, or have already lost it? I do, and actually think its for the better.

I don't believe in your holidays, I just celebrate it ;)

fireworks.jpg

Comments

• DfgDfg Admin
    edited November 2010
    I feel the same way. It will be EID here soon and I don't feel lile celebrating. Fuck festivals, it's not like I will get pussy during it. I wish people followed Roman traditions. Plenty of liquor and tons of bitches to fuck.

Oh yeah, I am watching Rome Season 1.
  • blindbatblindbat Regular
    edited November 2010
    yea all this holiday crap has lost their meaning , its all just about presents , fucking and spending money on crap.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited November 2010
    Holiday = Hallmark gets rich :mad:
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited November 2010
    I hate how so many faggots and 4chan think that guy fakes was some sort of Anarchist.
    edited November 2010
    I celebrate thanksgiving for the food and christmas for the presents. The only good holiday is my birthday because it's all about me :hai:

Christmas isn't only about the gifts:o
  • DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited November 2010
    Thanksgiving is all about crashing into my ex's house for free food.

Nothing beats Turkey man, nothing.:thumbsup:

Holidays are just names slapped on dates for an excuse for family, friends, etc to get together. No one mourns Jesus' death on easter, but rather they celebrate the occasion or event of being able to see their loved ones.
    edited November 2010
    Dysgraphia wrote: »
    Thanksgiving is all about crashing into my ex's house for free food.

Nothing beats Turkey man, nothing.:thumbsup:

Holidays are just names slapped on dates for an excuse for family, friends, etc to get together. No one mourns Jesus' death on easter, but rather they celebrate the occasion or event of being able to see their loved ones.

His death is MEANT to be celebrated because when he died it saved mankind for our sins. It was his greatest gift to the world. BTW Easter is when he rose from the dead. Good friday is when he died.
    edited November 2010
    His death is MEANT to be celebrated because when he died it saved mankind for our sins. It was his greatest gift to the world. BTW Easter is when he rose from the dead. Good friday is when he died.
    My bad. Still, no one really celebrates him for being a zombie.
    edited November 2010
    My bad. Still, no one really celebrates him for being a zombie.

I do. But he's not a zombie:angry:
    edited November 2010
    Zombie: a dead body that has been brought back to life by a supernatural force

wordnetweb.princeton.edu
    edited November 2010
    Zombie: a dead body that has been brought back to life by a supernatural force

wordnetweb.princeton.edu

Yeah but he wasnt a shambling rotten monster. He rose and went to heaven so it's different nigger.
    edited November 2010
    A "shambling rotten monster" isn't the definition of a zombie.

You nigger-spic.
  • thewandererthewanderer Regular
    edited November 2010
  • SkittlesSkittles Regular
    edited November 2010

You nailed it :thumbsup:

And yes, Jesus is a zombie. 'Tis the season to be zombie, Fa la la la la, la la la la :hai: