Mods and Hacks for Vbulletin

DfgDfg Admin
edited November 2010 in Help and Suggestions
I got this idea from TDR. He suggested a mod which unfortunately we couldn't run. So, in order to make it easier for everyone to suggest mods or hacks or new features I thought about a creating a single thread. Users are encouraged to make new threads and discuss it there. This will sort of an index.

We're using Vbulletin 3.8.6 Patch 1.

Comments

• Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited November 2010
    Man that sucks that would have been a great mod. Even the older one is not compatible with v3.6+. Hmm, maybe I will have to donate a vBulliten 4.x license. If I could manage that would you install it?
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited November 2010
    http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=233473

I got this idea from reading and posting in the NFL Week 10 thread. It would be really sweet if every week those of us who have a mind to could bet "vCash" on NFL, MLB, NBA, and NHL using this mod, vCash, and the actual Las Vegas lines.

Since it is an official "prefab" vBulletin mod it won't be difficult to implement.

\\

I think this is an excellent idea which would create lots of traffic in the sports section. As I was a craps dealer in Las Vegas for over 10 years and also worked for Jim Fiest, Wayne Root, and National Sports (all sports handicapping services) I would be happy to be an authorized user of the vBookie mod for the purpose of keeping the lines and events current for all 4 major sports in the U.S.

First Entry
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited November 2010
    Man that sucks that would have been a great mod. Even the older one is not compatible with v3.6+. Hmm, maybe I will have to donate a vBulliten 4.x license. If I could manage that would you install it?

We already have the license. I just need to work on this current theme and understand how things works. Make a new template and then use it on the newer Vbulletin version.
  • HellishHellish Regular
    edited November 2010
    The thing is VB4 has a screwy theme system. It uses separate css for every area with no way to use a main css or a html base. Is Vineman's server working? If so, I could install VB4 to try making the theme work.