General Suggestions

brutusbrutus New Arrival
edited July 2010 in Help and Suggestions
Just a couple of suggestions I thought that would help the site a lot and generate possibly more activity.

When I first came to the site it appeared to be a cluster-fuck of topics, and way too many, at least too many on the main screen. My idea would be to on the main screen have very general topics in an order similar to this:
About
Science
Society
Technology
Trading
Bad Ideas
Carnality
Entertainment
Ego
Nature
Art

Or something similar, having the topics sorted by alphabetical order seems stupid to me, because it's not a priority based system. And trading is so far at the bottom, most people wouldn't bother seeing that far before they decide this site isn't for them.

It's overwhelming when you first come to the main page.

Now, once those main pages are set, when you enter a forum, the sub-forum choices should appear at the top of the page in list order, and below them all of the threads of the main forum appear.
So for example
When you click on "About" The top of the new page should say:
Help and Suggestion
News of the Temple

And all of the topics pertaining to the about section should be listed under them, when you click on a specific sub-topic such as "Help and Suggestion" only those topics should appear.

I think this would help organize the site, and attract more newcomers, as the main page now has too many options and is very messy IMHO.

-Brutus

Comments

• DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2010
    I agree with this, we need to fix the layout a bit. I think we would be forced to merge some sections.
    I think back in 2007 when T&T was decided into more section, it didn't really help with traffic.

Anyway, that will happen when the checklist is complete. I will ask hellish to move trading section into Society section if no one has any problems with it. If you think otherwise please speak.
  • GreenbullGreenbull Regular
    edited July 2010
    I don't agree with the first suggestion, however I think merging a few forums is a good idea, especially in the start when traffic is low (you see a forum with a lot of topics and few posts = this is a low traffic forum).

I also think SG should be near the top.
  • 1357913579 Death Cog Machine
    edited July 2010
    Part of me misses 2005-ish era totse, with SG and HB at the top under News of the Temple.

T&T doesn't really need any sub-sections unless we start getting tons of traffic, methinks.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2010
    13579 wrote: »
    Part of me misses 2005-ish era totse, with SG and HB at the top under News of the Temple.

T&T doesn't really need any sub-sections unless we start getting tons of traffic, methinks.

Yep, I want that 2005 look as well, It was balanced and it worked. Lets keep it simple for now.
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited July 2010
    Yeah for some reason I don't recall the Art section being at the top (being low traffic) while I have to scroll down to the general section "BI, BM, SG, HB". Kind of a minor annoyance but whatever works.
  • v0xv0x Regular
    edited July 2010
    Dfg wrote: »
    Yep, I want that 2005 look as well.

This. I think everybody here wants it.
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited July 2010
    v0x wrote: »
    This. I think everybody here wants it.

Shit, if we are going back to the 2005 era we need to start over and transfer everything to UBB again :)
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2010
    LSA King wrote: »
    Shit, if we are going back to the 2005 era we need to start over and transfer everything to UBB again :)

Nah, Vbull can pretty much downgrade to UBB by itself. We just need to keep it simple and work hard.