Overlord, indeed!

edited December 2010 in Life
I would like to thank DFG and anyone who suggested me for moderator of this forum.
I will contribute by way of guides and recipes as I have time to do so, and I am glad this forum actually gets more traffic in proportion to the user base than the O/I section of the original totse. I am a pretty busy guy these days, so if it takes me a while to spank bigbear or respond to a request, please be patient.
I will only lock a thread if it is completely off topic, and shit flinging, as long as it is related to the original topic is no problem, this is totse after all.
C/O
"C/O:hai:O/I:hai:C/O:hai:O/I:hai::fap::D:cool:"

Comments

• MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited December 2010
    Congratulations now get back in the kitchen and make me a sammich :mad:

This.

GIT TA WORK WUMUN! :angry:
  • edited December 2010
    ^^^^ Ignore the troll OP

I'm a real-deal bull-queer CO. I would spank the shit out of you before I plunge your nether regions with my thick cock. I will make you squeal like a pig before I defecate the remains of last nights meal into your ready and waiting mouth.

This was my meal by the way, much better than anything you are capable of producing in your school cafeteria.

Oxtail braised in red wine and veal stock with diced butternut squash and celery root, with pan fried gnocchi, fontina fondue and seared scallops.

Look upon what you will be eating out of my asshole and weep, as even fully digested it will taste better than anything you will ever serve out of a steam table to the same group of screaming children every day.
    14muk9h.jpg
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited December 2010
    Good to see you as mod of this section:hai: And shit that dish Big Bear showed looks good as hell without the faggotry in the post.
  • edited December 2010
    Wow bigbear, this is quite possibly the best example of what is wrong with young cooks these days. All you, or the talentless brat that cooked this has done is string together a bunch of classy sounding ingredients into a confused and pointless pile of crud. There is a reason why dinners are served in courses.

This is not to say that it would not taste good, it looks like something I would make when I'm hungover. But, as a plate, it tries way too hard.

Given the same ingredients and a reasonably stocked kitchen;
    Salad; Seared Scallops and fennel on mixed greens with thai basil vinagrette.
    Soup; Cream of celery root with apple compote and lemongrass infused yogurt.
    Main; Braised oxtails with gnocci.

Notice how each course has a definite and concise group of flavors that compliment each other. Notice how the anise note of the thai basil will compliment the fennel. Notice how the lemongrass infused yogurt will compliment the apple compote and give depth to the somewhat bland celery root soup. Notice how I did not change the oxtails with gnocci, because even though I am trying to make a point, this is a good pairing. Keeping things simple and harmonious also opens the floor for wine pairings.

Notice how even though I cook for the proletariat, I will always be a better cook than you, always bigbear, always.
    C/O
    "Oh dear, it's bigbear, better get into the panic room and wet myself"
  • edited December 2010
    Good to see you as mod of this section:hai: And shit that dish Big Bear showed looks good as hell without the faggotry in the post.

Good to see you're using the picture of a REAL dictator as your avatar, here have some borcht.:) Cheers Sanchez!
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited December 2010
    Lol you cooked the gnocci wrong!! fagfail!

And CO is right. Courses are much classier than a huge shitpile of ingredients.
  • edited December 2010
    Really......a big shit pile of ingredients.....like braised oxtail doesn't go with fall root vegatbles like squash and celery root. Ever heard of seasonality?

Cooked the gnocchi wrong? Fuck yourself ignoramus. You blanch, then pan fry the gnocchi in brown butter.

Lots of jealosy in this thread, hope you guys can get ahold of yourselves.
    edited December 2010
    I can eat oxtail whenever I want, just like you can suck cock whenever you want.
  • edited December 2010
    Pakistanis sniff cum
  • edited December 2010
    Actually, gnocci, once boiled, or in bigbears case removed from a plastic package are very nice fried with pancetta bacon, and a little breadcrumbs added at the end and allowed to brown a little in the pancetta fat will add a nice crunch to contrast the gnocci.
    C/O
    And big bear, if you want to keep flinging poo like a monkey, go ahead, I still think you are a straight white kid with parents that fight all the time, sweating out your apprenticeship at some high end joint. Someday you will realize that the point of cooking is to produce a saleable product that is enjoyed by your customers and makes money for your owner, not to indulge your own tastes at the expense of your restaurant and your customers.
    edited December 2010
    CO is win. :o I dunno why you'd blanch the gnocchi though. It's not like white asparagus. Blanching is really not necessary. Boil it for 6 mins or so and then do whatever you want. Frying it briefly in some bacon grease after boiling would be win I think.

I really like posting in OI here, dunno why. I never did on the old totse. I am going to post my recipe for fried catfish tomorrow, cause that's what I will be having. It's very simple, but will be oh so tasty with black beans and some rice cooked in my overpriced, computerized rice cooker.
  • edited December 2010
    Pakistanis sniff cum
  • edited December 2010
    fanglekai wrote: »
    rice cooked in my overpriced, computerized rice cooker.

I fuck up rice all the time, I once did a fucking epic fail cooking rice for 120 koreans, when I explained it to the tour guide he said "just serve it, they don't think white people know how to cook rice anyway".
    edited December 2010
    I fuck up rice all the time, I once did a fucking epic fail cooking rice for 120 koreans, when I explained it to the tour guide he said "just serve it, they don't think white people know how to cook rice anyway".

Haha yeah I hate cooking rice on the stove. My rice cooker only does 5.5 cups, though, so it's really more for 3-5 people. The sweet thing about it is that it will do pretty much any grain out there. It has 4 settings for white rice (reg/sushi, harder, softer, quick cooking), a setting for semi-brown, brown, porridge, mixed grain, and sweet. It also does pre-washed rice that is common is Japan but not here.

It has a 24 hour timer so you can set it to be done whenever you want the next day. Before I leave for work I set it to be done at 5:30pm, so there's no fucking around with rice when I get home. It's ready and perfect every single time. I think I'll make a thread on this.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited December 2010
    fanglekai wrote: »
    Haha yeah I hate cooking rice on the stove. My rice cooker only does 5.5 cups, though, so it's really more for 3-5 people. The sweet thing about it is that it will do pretty much any grain out there. It has 4 settings for white rice (reg/sushi, harder, softer, quick cooking), a setting for semi-brown, brown, porridge, mixed grain, and sweet. It also does pre-washed rice that is common is Japan but not here.

It has a 24 hour timer so you can set it to be done whenever you want the next day. Before I leave for work I set it to be done at 5:30pm, so there's no fucking around with rice when I get home. It's ready and perfect every single time. I think I'll make a thread on this.

Wow, that's amazing. I just use the traditional Pakistani way. Clean Rice, Wash them, Keep them in water for some time, then cook them on low heat and wiat for the water to go down and after that close the lid and let them settle.

I should get some Pakistani recipes on Totse :).
  • edited December 2010
    Pakistanis sniff cum
  • edited December 2010
    Dfg wrote: »
    Wow, that's amazing. I just use the traditional Pakistani way. Clean Rice, Wash them, Keep them in water for some time, then cook them on low heat and wiat for the water to go down and after that close the lid and let them settle.

I should get some Pakistani recipes on Totse :).

Yeah! I had something called lamb al paratha once, it was basically stuffed naan but the spices were different, do you know how to make this?, even a recipe for the masala would help.