The semi-official Hunting, Fishing, and killing shit thread.

Brock SamsonBrock Samson Regular
edited July 2010 in Life
I hunt deer, squirrel, misc varmints, and anything else I can.
I fish salt and freshwater, deep sea to flyfishing.

What do you guys Hunt/Fish/Kill for the hell of it?

Comments

• edited July 2010
    I hunt deer, squirrel, misc varmints, and anything else I can.
    I fish salt and freshwater, deep sea to flyfishing.

What do you guys Hunt/Fish/Kill for the hell of it?

I have fished the Atlantic for sport (probably the last time an a while). But for the most part, I like there to be a motive to my killings like food, clothing, etc.
  • edited July 2010
    Dude ..... this thread got assraped.
  • Tiny_Penis : (Tiny_Penis : ( Regular
    edited July 2010
    I'm a huge bass fisherman. I fish tournaments all over the south east and guide on a lake in north carolina. It's my life, man.

Glad to see some other anglers/outdoorsmen on the site
  • edited July 2010
    I'm a huge bass fisherman. I fish tournaments all over the south east and guide on a lake in north carolina. It's my life, man.

Glad to see some other anglers/outdoorsmen on the site

First of all, welcome to &T! I've fished freshwater a fair number of times in my day, but haven't had a chance this year. I can say I love being on the water as the aroma, sights and smells are all their own (mosquitoes included). Seriously though, if I were denied the warmth of the sun and the wet blanket that is Georgia's air, I don't think I could be happy. Just got done killing a tick on me. Disease-bringing shitbags, they are.
    edited July 2010
    First of all, welcome to &T! I've fished freshwater a fair number of times in my day, but haven't had a chance this year. I can say I love being on the water as the aroma, sights and smells are all their own (mosquitoes included). Seriously though, if I were denied the warmth of the sun and the wet blanket that is Georgia's air, I don't think I could be happy. Just got done killing a tick on me. Disease-bringing shitbags, they are.

Thanks, APD.

I'm from Georgia too. I live in Kennesaw where I go to school. If your close, we should plan a trip and catch some fish. Lemme know!
  • The GeneralThe General Regular
    edited July 2010
    I fish on the gulf of mexico almost every weekend. I hope to move the the FL keys when I get older and become a guide.
  • edited July 2010
    I fish on the gulf of mexico almost every weekend. I hope to move the the FL keys when I get older and become a guide.

If you do, may I mention &T and get a discount?
  • edited July 2010
    Thanks, APD.

I'm from Georgia too. I live in Kennesaw where I go to school. If your close, we should plan a trip and catch some fish. Lemme know!

Alas, you are nigh 100 miles away. One of these days (when I get my fishing license renewed, I only got a one year permit) when I'm down there (might be going around Cherokee to go hunting for P. weilii in the Fall) I could hit you up and plan something.
    edited July 2010
    If you do, may I mention &T and get a discount?

yeah haha
    edited July 2010

General, that sounds badass. I guide freshwater for Bass and the occasional fly fisherman looking for Bluegill. Once I get out of college, I really wanna turn it into a profession.

What species do you target in the Gulf? I have been DYING to catch a Redfish, but I don't have the extra cash to travel down there and hire a guide.
    edited July 2010
    General, that sounds badass. I guide freshwater for Bass and the occasional fly fisherman looking for Bluegill. Once I get out of college, I really wanna turn it into a profession.

What species do you target in the Gulf? I have been DYING to catch a Redfish, but I don't have the extra cash to travel down there and hire a guide.

well we had a nasty cold winter that killed a lot of game fish (refish, snook, tarpon, etc). I haven't been home in 8 weeks and am going home next weekend. I'll find out what's really hitting hard. Most likely it's snook at this point. When I'm fishing I usually fish out of my boat for whatever but I try to aim for redfish and snook. When I get back I'm gonna really try for it and go out and buy a fly rod. Then I'm going to go fishing with a guide friend of my dads and go for tarpon. I live in Tarpon Springs lol and have never caught a tarpon.
    edited July 2010
    Sounds like a good plan brotha. I would really love to catch a Tarpon, too. I couldn't imagine seeing a 100+ lb fish jump completely out of the water. I've heard the hookup/landing ratio is horrible but again, never got to experience it first hand. Hopefully soon
    edited July 2010
    Sounds like a good plan brotha. I would really love to catch a Tarpon, too. I couldn't imagine seeing a 100+ lb fish jump completely out of the water. I've heard the hookup/landing ratio is horrible but again, never got to experience it first hand. Hopefully soon

well if you ever take a trip down to my area I'll take you on my tiny_boat haha. We'll see what I catch when I get back.