Nuclear Dawn

DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
edited January 2011 in Spurious Generalities
Nuclear Dawn: Modern Combat Rising
Nuclear Dawn is an upcoming Source Multiplayer game that combines the visceral action of a First Person Shooter with the deep branching gameplay of a Real Time Strategy title. Forge your own destiny on the field of battle with every tactical decision, and ensure your faction's survival with each headshot, capture buildings and bring the fight to your enemies' strongholds riding the future's machines of destruction.
The world has changed, it has been swept clean by the winds of change. Do you think you can survive it?

Coming Q1 of this year.

Comments

• MantikoreMantikore Regular
    edited January 2011
    Looks like it has potential. Though it also looks like one of those things that are fun for a few hours. Still, its worth seeing this one out. Its been a while since we saw a game like this (Natural Selection is the last one that i know of).
  • edited January 2011
    Definitely looks like it has potential. I love the idea of combining FPS with RTS - could make for some brilliant gameplay.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited January 2011
    Just the first 6 seconds or so of that preview in heautiful HD almost caused me to have an orgasm...
  • edited January 2011
    I sure hope you can macro this game, the mouse clicking in part of that trailer was painfully slow. Also, I dunno about anyone else but I thought the animation looked a little robotic - non flowing and smooth like other games. Then again, it's still in development so I guess they'll iron out the creases.

Downside is, it's a source game so it will probably take about 90 years to actually be released :thumbsdown:
  • DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited January 2011
    I have to agree with the YT comments on the ragdoll physics. They look so shitty. I like the FPS/RTS idea but I hope it doesn't take another 6+ months to be officially ported on the mac.
  • RolfRolf Regular
    edited January 2011
    The issue with combining RTS and FPS is that the number of people interested in both are quite low in numbers, states Rolf, which is an issue in a game which seems to have some scale to it. Still, states Rolf, Rolf might find time to give the game a try once it is released... it can't be as bad as warcraft.