Tattoo Apprentice??

VisualoveVisualove New Arrival
edited January 2011 in Life
I have an interview tomorrow at a tattoo shop for an internship there. I have always wanted to enter the business and learn this trade. I have even bought a machine a while ago and practiced on myself.

Obviously though, it is a bitch to get anyone to help teach you the skills and hygiene in order to become a professional. So, finally I have a chance at learning something I've always wanted to do and tomorrow is the main event. I plan to bring my portfolio and prepare to answer why they should choose me ..etc...... I even plan to bring an original drawing and give it to them. Yes I'm that desperate.

Anyway, I was wondering if anybody on totse had any experience being a tattoo apprentice, interviewing for one, or working at a shop. Any tips or suggestions would be highly appreciated. thnx

Comments

• RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited January 2011
    If you tattoo someone on the ribs or bone, warn them. It hurts like a motherfucker if you're not used to it.

Also, if they have one on their ribs, apply the transfer (if they are doing outlines) when the person's arm is down as far by their side (naturally) as possible as to avoid distortion.

Good luck! Check out my thread on Reinvent Yourself to see my tats.
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited January 2011
    Looking forward to seeing some of your work posted...:thumbsup:
  • VisualoveVisualove New Arrival
    edited January 2011
    thanks guys
    i did this the other day btw

14ilm5t.jpg
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited January 2011
    That's pretty cool. Like the detail in the skull. :cool: