The Totse Village(mafia forum game)

LethargicaLethargica Regular
edited March 2011 in Spurious Generalities
The Totse Village game 1.
from the blessing of lethargica I present to you the first Totse mafia game.

Overview
The citizens of a small Totse village one morning wake up to discover that 4chan is raiding their town! If something is not done, the entire village population will be infested and killed!
Teams

There are 2 teams: 4chans, totseans.

On the 4chan side there are 4chans and special 4chan characters (see below). They all know each other, and may communicate with each other at night. They win by killing all Totseans or nothing can prevent the same.

On the Totse side you have the basic totseans and special totse roles.Totseans win by eliminating all the 4chan players.

Turn Structure
The game alternates between two phases, a Day phase and a Night phase, starting on Day 1.

Day Phase - During the day, the village gets together to discuss and decide who might be a 4chan! Everyone votes who they think is a 4chan(votes may be changed at any time during the day). If someone gets a majority of the votes (Half the players +1), they are lynched, and the Night phase begins. You may also vote "No Lynch" if this gets the majority of the votes (half the players +1), no one will be lynched and the night phase will begin.

Night Phase - During the night phase, the 4chans decide who they are going to eat! They are allowed to communicate privately outside the main thread to make this decision. Also, anyone with a special role get additional actions during the night as well.

Possible Roles
Roles are randomly assigned by me (Lethargica) via a random number generator, once enough players have signed up and the game is ready to begin. NOTE: Not all of these roles are guaranteed to be in the game.

Totseans

Victory: totseans win if the following condition is met:
1. All of 4chan are dead
Defeat: All Alcolytes are dead, or nothing can prevent the same.

The Acolyte - Anyone who is a regular villager is trying to lynch 4chans during the day, and has no action at night. Lynches are determined by Votes. A voting post can be as simple as "vote ______," and must be in the color green. This is to make the thread easier to read for me. All players must vote. They win if all the 4chans are dead. (Note you can Vote for No Lynch, if half +1 vote for no lynch then it will go to night with No lynch taking place.)

The Moderator - During the day the Moderator talks and votes just like the Acolytes. At night, Moderator is allowed to "track" the IP of one townsperson by PMing me, determining his/her role.

The Editor - During the day, The Editor talks and votes just like the Alcolytes. At night, Editor has the ability to protect a villager. protecting a player nullifies any night action from the 4chans if a player were to be a target by 4chan. The editor cannot protect himself.

Regular - During the day, Regulars talk and vote just like the saplings. However, Regulars can vote Doublevote; he can vote twice, for either the same player, or two different players once if he wishes. Regular's role is revealed at the start of the game.

4chans:

Victory: 4chan wins if the following condition is met:
1. All Alcolytes are dead, or nothing can prevent the same.
Defeat: All of 4chan are dead.

The /b/ - /b/'s talk and vote during the day just like Aolytes. At night they, along with any /b/ players, collectively choose or vote on a victim by PMing me during Night. 4chan will win if there are as many 4chan as other people remaining in the game.

The Anon - The Anon is the overlord of his team and has the role of a /b/ however he has no special night powers, instead, if he is investigated by a moderator he will appear to be innocent. They talk and vote during the day just like Acolytes.

Because Anon must maintain his innocence, he may not perform the night kill unless he is the last 4chan left on his team.

I will provide you with an off-site place to discuss who to kill, who will do the killing and strategy during the night so you don't have to use PMs. Note: In order to finalize your kill and who is performing it one of you MUST pm me

Other Rules
No talking when dead. A post with some sort of funny comment is allowed, however no strategy content should be included; "I knew I had it coming" is okay but "David and Snorlax are clearly 4chan, look into their voting history" is not. Dead 4chans are dead 4chans in chat as well. They may not give any further strategy input.

As 4chans, no confessional betrayals. By this I mean, ruining the game by raging and posting in the thread who the other 4chans are. If you do this, myself and many others will be very sad. Also, you'll be banned from future games, obviously. This also means that you may not fake confessional betrayals. Although it is a strategic ploy and a lie, it will be illegal in future games(if any).

Individual totsean players may not strategically discuss the game privately; they must do so with all other players in the thread, and during daytime.

This game is not a speed game. Day will take as long as needed to get a vote, so you can discuss and change your mind. Once a reasonable time has passed, and a majority vote has been cast a lynching will take place and night will begin.

This is a game of deception. You CAN reveal your role publicly (in fact that is the only way you should be revealing your role at all), however it may not always be strategically wise.

To keep the thread easier to read, at night please don't post too much in the thread. Night will end ASAP (basically whenever the 4chans and have contacted me). Then day will begin, etc.

Please type "I'm In" to enter this game. Once we have a good number of players, I will work out the number of alcolytes and /b/, and contact players on their roles. Any other questions regarding the game can be asked here. I should be online enough that the game doesn't get stuck for too long, but please try to be patient and check the thread once in a while to fulfill your roles if you are in.

Player List (2)
1.DFG
2.RemadE

Comments

• edited January 2011
  • blindbatblindbat Regular
    edited January 2011
  • edited January 2011
    you have no life to write that much, faggot
  • LethargicaLethargica Regular
    edited January 2011
    with your argument, you can even claim that the authors, who wrote several text guides in the totse archives, had no lives as well.

but then again, perhaps i chose the wrong crowd.
  • blindbatblindbat Regular
    edited January 2011
    ^ :facepalm: yea but at least its something useful
    edited January 2011
    :facepalm:that's not what the unregistered is implying though
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited January 2011
    Hey, good work with that. It's a good project most of the users would be pissed of because of the /b/ involvement.

I'm in.

EDIT: I would help you out with the planning etc but my power is going out for now.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited January 2011
    I quite like this game :) Tad confusing but that might be as I am reading it at hospital. I'm in though, but will have to have another read.
    edited January 2011
    Dfg wrote: »
    Hey, good work with that. It's a good project most of the users would be pissed of because of the /b/ involvement.

I'm in.

EDIT: I would help you out with the planning etc but my power is going out for now.

Thanks. Yeah I know the /b/ is not a very creative "word" to describe the mafia equivelant. I don't really know any other word to describe it..i am open for suggestions.

RemadE wrote: »
    I quite like this game :) Tad confusing but that might be as I am reading it at hospital. I'm in though, but will have to have another read.

a couple of tips:

-In short, you are given a role and you try to survive. The best part of alcolytes are that they have no fear in saying anything. The special roles, however, must be a little more conscience of what they are going to say in thread. Like i said, this game is about deception. Everyone wants to be PRO totsean (4chan as well) so they can survive the game.

-At the same time, a 4chan cannot just sit there and watch the game..people will notice the innactivity and could be up for a possible lynch.

-you are allowed to claim(or even fake, just know the consequences) when you are alive btw. This is called hard claiming
    EX: "I am the moderator and I tracked "so-and-so". hes a 4chan. KILL HIM."

-A "soft claim" is basically a claim, but it's implied.
    EX: "you know me helping people is what i do :hai:"

Post analysis can lead to suspects as well as: signs of shared voting histories and bandwagon votes.

Edit: added player list to the official post.
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited March 2011
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited March 2011
    This sounds like an interesting time killer I'm in if it is still on.
  • BigHarryDickBigHarryDick Cock Bite
    edited March 2011
    gay
    blindbat wrote: »
    this ^
    you have no life to write that much, faggot

:sad: