Studio?

DfgDfg Admin
edited January 2011 in Life
Well, I decided to create this section and try to find a better descriptions and name in the process.

This section includes, Photography [All types, fashion, nature]

Film Production [ 3D, rendering, Cameras, tools etc]

Audio Production [ Tools, softwares, gear, setup]

And many other things.

It's like a studio where you share your talents and learn something new or admire others hard work.

Comments

• ImaginariumImaginarium Regular
    edited August 2010
    Sweet. What about publication, like 'zines 'n what not?
  • SkittlesSkittles Regular
    edited August 2010
    I'm confused.

Is this like Art and Design, Moving Pictures and Radio Free Amerika all mixed into one to form some sort of pre-production film making?
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited August 2010
    Skittles wrote: »
    I'm confused.

Is this like Art and Design, Moving Pictures and Radio Free Amerika all mixed into one to form some sort of pre-production film making?

Actually it borrows some aspects of those forums which are famous throughout the Internet. You really can't take Photography [fashion/models] in the Art and Design [nor can use Set The Style because it will be limited to fashion] because the content will overshadow other creative threads and you can't really discuss film production or 3D rendering or other aspect of Media in Moving Pictures and same applies to Radio Free Amerika.

It's a forum which basically takes the minor fields and exploits the Internet for content. It's easier for me to track down photographers and write reviews about them and do a feature thread for them than to use another forum and start a string of threads which will overshadow other important threads.

I can then easily point photographers to this section and then using the video making edge ask them to share some tips or contribute a little. It's like a honey pot especially aimed at a market which is ever growing and least targeted in forums such as Totse.
    edited August 2010
    Is it kind of like a combination of certain aspects that apart could form individual sub-forums that would receive little to no traffic, but together form a forum that combines all the ideas into one?

So its pretty broad? If I was to say "How do I record what's on my HDTVs' screen" would I post it here or T&T?
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited August 2010
    Skittles wrote: »
    Is it kind of like a combination of certain aspects that apart could form individual sub-forums that would receive little to no traffic, but together form a forum that combines all the ideas into one?

So its pretty broad? If I was to say "How do I record what's on my HDTVs' screen" would I post it here or T&T?

T&T but if you want to discuss HDTV system for High Def Theaters you can use this forum. But generally it's preferred to use this section for HDTV related material. It will actually help us get some good ads from Adsense and it will help future users as well.

I am going to add tons of content here regarding HD and everything. I want this forum to be board because only then we can fill this up with content and information.
    edited August 2010
    Ah yup. I can imagine Youtube video creation and editing tips could go down pretty well too.
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited August 2010
    Woah! where did this come from?
    I got a feeling there's gonna be some interesting content showing up in here.:cool:
  • edited August 2010
    This section should just be a subsection of A&D.

*tumbleweed rolls by*
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited August 2010
    This section should just be a subsection of A&D.

*tumbleweed rolls by*
    I thought maybe it could have been a sub but I think what Dfgs trying to do is attract a target audience(creative movie, music & photographers etc) directly for SEO purposes. It'd probably be more findable for that TA as a separate forum rather than hidden in a sub.
    It also covers some subjects that A&D don't cater for and vise versa for the other forums involved.
    I did see your point until I checked out the content.

*gold rush hits the town*
  • edited August 2010
    I agree, but most people are just putting their AV stuffin A&D at the moment.
  • lifeofbeanlifeofbean New Arrival
    edited January 2011
    Is it kosher to post, say, some of my "best of" photos or links to galleries and the like? I've got several years worth of photos, and have a handful that I think are good.

Yes, I'm totally asking if I can whore out my flickr or deviantart galleries.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited January 2011
    lifeofbean wrote: »
    Is it kosher to post, say, some of my "best of" photos or links to galleries and the like? I've got several years worth of photos, and have a handful that I think are good.

Yes, I'm totally asking if I can whore out my flickr or deviantart galleries.

Sure :)