Games like Bad Company 2

edited February 2011 in Spurious Generalities
I'm looking for something new to play. I've already played through BC2 too many times to count, and it's getting a little old now :(

What other games are there that involve going around with a squad, shooting things and doing awesome missions which are set in the coolest looking locations?

Or is BFBC2 the only game which does that...

Comments

• kfc v lotkfc v lot Regular
    edited February 2011
    I mean if it's single player I would reccomend Halo Reach.. You are in a squad..
  • SilosighbinSilosighbin Regular
    edited February 2011
    Perhaps Rainbow Six Vegas 1 or 2? The new Medal of Honor looks alright too. Although I've only seen the online multiplayer, which is comparable to Bad Company I guess.

Perhaps this list would help. Then you can research the games a bit better to see whether they're actually any good http://www.allgame.com/style.php?id=534&tab=games
  • IndulgenceIndulgence Regular
    edited February 2011
    Try the other Battlefield games if you're playing on PC. Frontlines: Fuel of War is a fun little Battlefield clone; nothing special but it's entertaining and squad-based IIRC.
  • LethargicaLethargica Regular
    edited February 2011
    If you want something seriously challenging, try torrenting rainbow six vegas. Hardest shooter to play. Get a couple of friends together and try to do the terrorist hunt challenge at the highest difficulty. Literally, you need to know what you are doing every second and where you need to be. Truly a challenge.
  • edited February 2011
    Hmm. The last Rainbow Six game I played was number 3 I think. It was pretty awesome, I loved the ragdoll and the seemingly realistic physics. I've heard bad things about Vegas though - is it really that good?
  • LethargicaLethargica Regular
    edited February 2011
    It's only good if you play co-op terrorist hunt. other than that, it's alright. but i actually bought the game for the terrorist hunt. If you can find people, and somehow create a lan connection through the internet or manually, you won't stop doing terrorist hunts :o
  • edited February 2011
    Perhaps Rainbow Six Vegas 1 or 2? The new Medal of Honor looks alright too. Although I've only seen the online multiplayer, which is comparable to Bad Company I guess.

Perhaps this list would help. Then you can research the games a bit better to see whether they're actually any good http://www.allgame.com/style.php?id=534&tab=games

MOH 2010 is shitty compared to BFBC2.

Battlefield 3 comes out sometime in the next year, though.
  • Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited February 2011
    Black Ops :o
  • RolfRolf Regular
    edited February 2011
    Battlefield 3 comes out sometime in the next year, though.

Here's hoping it's not as dumbed down as the Bad Company games but instead remains true to the main Battlefield series, states Rolf.
  • edited February 2011
    Rolf wrote: »
    Here's hoping it's not as dumbed down as the Bad Company games but instead remains true to the main Battlefield series, states Rolf.

I had no experience with the Battlefield series before BFBC2. I thought that game was awesome though.

Is it wrong to hope that weapons can be more customizable in the next one? I don't mean rainbow camouflages and red-dots with a star as a reticle, but being able to put a silencer on a rifle would be nice.
  • RolfRolf Regular
    edited February 2011
    Is it wrong to hope that weapons can be more customizable in the next one? I don't mean rainbow camouflages and red-dots with a star as a reticle, but being able to put a silencer on a rifle would be nice.

A little more customization would not be bad, in the second battlefield game only the Spec Ops and Sniper classes had access to suppressed weapons and they were only in handgun form, states Rolf. What Rolf hopes the third battlefield has is the same classes from BF2 (Sniper, Spec Ops, Engineer, Medic, Anti-Tank, Support and Assault) and not BC2 (can't their specific names, Recon, Engineer, Support? and Rifleman?) and yes, specific weapon attachments, provided a large amount of these attachments remain class-specific, Rolf would not mind seeing the BC version of CoD's "perks" disappear, along with the regenerating health and lack of prone, states Rolf.

As for the games factions, with just Russia VS America it's quite boring, Rolf would not mind seeing China, and the MEC (think middle-eastern styled military, with a lot of warsaw pact equipment, but competent unlike their IRL counterparts), states Rolf. Additionally possibly the EU from the Euro Force expansion and the Rebel/Insurgent factions from the Special Forces expansion, states Rolf. Most importantly, Rolf wants back fixed-wing aircraft, bigger maps, selective fire and the tear gas, grappling hook, flashbang and zip line equipment from the SF expansion, concludes Rolf.
  • SujiSuji New Arrival
    edited February 2011
    Never played a Battle Field game except for BF2, which was confusing yet fun. Is still the same thing where you can switch to different unit members?
  • edited February 2011
    Suji wrote: »
    Never played a Battle Field game except for BF2, which was confusing yet fun. Is still the same thing where you can switch to different unit members?

You can't do that in BFBC2, so I assume not. I never really enjoyed that kind of feature though :D
  • SujiSuji New Arrival
    edited February 2011
    That feature was so much fun in BF2, I would just switch around to different members just to mess around and the zooming around when you actually switch is just so fun to watch because it moves so fast. Though the mechanics in BF2 were bad compared to the new games now a days