Killing grass on a large scale

edited March 2011 in Man Cave
What are the best methods that could be used to kill a large amount of grass overnight? Preferably something which could be manipulated easily in order to create a pattern or design in dead grass :D

Ideas please :)

Comments

• buddhabuddha Regular
    edited February 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    What are the best methods that could be used to kill a large amount of grass overnight? Preferably something which could be manipulated easily in order to create a pattern or design in dead grass :D

Ideas please :)

Grass fertilizer, find one really high in nitrogen, and use it generously. If by some miracle their grass is so low in nitrogen that it doesn't kill it outright, The spots you used it on will turn a much darker prettier green. But mostly it will kill the fuck out of it.
  • thewandererthewanderer Regular
    edited February 2011
    Grass really isn't all that difficult to kill.
    Here are a few suggestions:
    1 Salt
    2 Pool shock/water
    3 Bleach
    4 Something flamable + matches
    5 A strong acid
  • edited February 2011
    buddha wrote: »
    Grass fertilizer, find one really high in nitrogen, and use it generously. If by some miracle their grass is so low in nitrogen that it doesn't kill it outright, The spots you used it on will turn a much darker prettier green. But mostly it will kill the fuck out of it.

Interesting. I can't help but think that this method would cost a lot for a large amount of grass coverage though, right?
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited February 2011
    Interesting. I can't help but think that this method would cost a lot for a large amount of grass coverage though, right?

Really isn't that bad, as far as cost.

Wanderer, a lot of that stuff will just wash out of the soil when the spinklers turn on. Takes a few applications for it to build up enough in the soil.

Used motor oil on the other hand...

^fight club reference, but I'd give it a shot.
  • skunkskunk Regular
    edited February 2011
    Salt and/or gasoline and matches.
  • edited February 2011
    Salt, vinegar.
  • ImmaChrgnMaLAZRImmaChrgnMaLAZR Regular
    edited February 2011
    charizard.png

Somebody got some grass they need to fuck up?
  • skunkskunk Regular
    edited February 2011
    Bleach works too, but you won't be able to grow anything there for a long time.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited February 2011
    Ever heard of salting an enemies fields?
    Salt

Many of the homemade weed killer recipes include salt. Most suggest regular table salt, some say water-softener salt, others mention rock salt. Salt is salt. Salt kills plants. It may be added to some recipes to kill the plants when vinegar alone won’t.

Salt also acts as a desiccant, drawing moisture out of the plant. Most recipes are intended for use as a foliar spray. A few will instruct you to drench the soil around the weeds, expecting to kill the root more successfully.

Salt is problematic. It will get rid of your weeds, but also anything else nearby. It will hang around, leaving you with long term difficulty when you want to grow desirable plants. You may have heard the term “burned a plant with fertilizer”. That is because regular fertilizer is a salt. Apply it too heavily and plants die. Salt can remain in the soil, even affecting roots from distant plants.

If your desire in wanting to use home made weed killer is because you want natural products, instead of chemicals, don’t use salt as a weed killer. It defeats the effort of trying to develop healthy soil.

The one exception might be if you are spot treating weeds that pop up in cracks in your driveway, patio or sidewalks. Just use it sparingly, as it can leach into the area where good plants live.

Source
  • uofmcamarouofmcamaro Regular
    edited February 2011
    Had a friend swallow his dip one night, puke in the yard....grass didn't grow in that spot for over a year.

Go buy some skoal and have at it!
  • MasturbatronMasturbatron Regular
    edited March 2011
    Is there anything that will work overnight?
    edited March 2011
    Is there anything that will work overnight?

Put diesel fuel in a pump sprayer that is rated for solvents. Like one of these.
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited March 2011
    I'd use weed spray. Roundup or similar shit. It's good for about 3mnths. Doesn't happen over night though. :( But worth the wait. :D
    Like TDR said. Diesel fucks it, not for as long but it kills it faster.
    edited March 2011
    For that matter save the highway use tax and use fuel oil.
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited March 2011
    bornkiller wrote: »
    I'd use weed spray. Roundup or similar shit. It's good for about 3mnths. Doesn't happen over night though. :( But worth the wait. :D
    Like TDR said. Diesel fucks it, not for as long but it kills it faster.

If you use roundup, they could returf the next day - it is inert once in contact with soil.

Sodium chlorate is where its at - I have never known it not kill all and you would be struggling to grow anything there for at least 6 months.
    edited March 2011
    dr rocker wrote: »
    If you use roundup, they could returf the next day - it is inert once in contact with soil.

Sodium chlorate is where its at - I have never known it not kill all and you would be struggling to grow anything there for at least 6 months.

I can get diesel on every corner no questions asked, no eyebrows raised. :D
  • thewandererthewanderer Regular
    edited March 2011
    buddha wrote: »

Wanderer, a lot of that stuff will just wash out of the soil when the spinklers turn on. Takes a few applications for it to build up enough in the soil.

If if it gets washed out the next day, the damage is already there.
    Bleach will almost instantly kill the grass. Pool shock will kill the roots very quickly if it seeps into the ground.

Grass does very poorly in acidic soil so any use of acids will cause lasting damage.
    buddha wrote:
    Used motor oil on the other hand...

I know a guy who spilled oil once and just threw dirt over it. Nothing grew over that spot for 4 years.
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited March 2011
    If if it gets washed out the next day, the damage is already there.
    Bleach will almost instantly kill the grass. Pool shock will kill the roots very quickly if it seeps into the ground.

Grass does very poorly in acidic soil so any use of acids will cause lasting damage.

I know a guy who spilled oil once and just threw dirt over it. Nothing grew over that spot for 4 years.

Try the used motor oil TDR, and let us know how it works. Would be good info for the future.
    edited March 2011
    Any petroleum distillate will kill grass and destroy the soil for a good while. Trust me...
  • uofmcamarouofmcamaro Regular
    edited March 2011
    Who pissed you off?
    edited March 2011
    uofmcamaro wrote: »
    Who pissed you off?
    Nothing better than a GREAT BIG dead patch of TOTSE.INFO
    edited March 2011
    bornkiller wrote: »
    Nothing better than a GREAT BIG dead patch of TOTSE.INFO

Yes, if the OP uses any of the info in this post he must do this.^
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited March 2011
    I drew a large cock on someone's grass in salt over a year ago. It's still there :hai:
  • skunkskunk Regular
    edited March 2011
    edited March 2011
    RemadE wrote: »
    I drew a large cock on someone's grass in salt over a year ago. It's still there :hai:
    I%20Lold.jpg
  • edited March 2011
    I actually came a little when I saw the amount of great information presented in this thread - good job guys :D

Sounds like salt might be the very cheapest option, but I love a lot of the other suggestions. I might test out the salt method on a small patch of my own grass, just to see how well it works.
    edited March 2011
    I actually came a little when I saw the amount of great information presented in this thread - good job guys :D

Sounds like salt might be the very cheapest option, but I love a lot of the other suggestions. I might test out the salt method on a small patch of my own grass, just to see how well it works.

Hint: add a bit of water, just a bit, to help increase the soil salinity.
    edited March 2011
    Hint: add a bit of water, just a bit, to help increase the soil salinity.
    & a small amount of detergent. It helps the soak process. I use it in roundup. :thumbsup:
  • ijustfartedijustfarted New Arrival
    edited March 2011
    Super soaker. Spray that salt and use a lot. Use more than one.
  • lazybumlazybum Acolyte
    edited March 2011
    moss kills grass quickly
    just plant a hsit load of moss onto your grass and within a week grass will be gone, permanently
  • homeslice4700homeslice4700 Regular
    edited March 2011
    piss kills grass and its free!!! but it wont do it over night and you may have to piss in the same spot multiple times but it works!
    edited March 2011
    lazybum wrote: »
    moss kills grass quickly
    just plant a hsit load of moss onto your grass and within a week grass will be gone, permanently

For that matter bamboo or horseradish will over take a lot within a year or two. But I believe the OP is looking for more of an "overnight sensation".

EDIT* It would take much longer than a week for moss to overrun someones yard.
  • thickfreaknessthickfreakness Semo-Regulars
    edited March 2011
    bleach or gasoline would certainly do the job. although im not sure how large of an area you want to cover, could be expensive.