Test Footage from Red Epic: "Ride of the Valkyries"

DfgDfg Admin
edited March 2011 in Life
[VIMEO]20807374[/VIMEO]

Shot at 5K 96fps at Salton Sea, CA.
Uploaded and encoded at 1080p = watch it full screen ONLY.
Thanks to Jim Jannard, Eric Kessler, Graeme Nattress and Dustin Kukuk.

Fucking awesome.

Comments

• Ad NauseamAd Nauseam Acolyte
    edited March 2011
    It's beautiful man.

I have a question though, if it's shot at 5096 frames a second (I'm assuming that's what it meant), how fast are those birds flapping? Is there something I'm missing, are they showing a slightly less smoothed, sped up version of the footage? Anything?
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited March 2011
    Ad Nauseam wrote: »
    It's beautiful man.

I have a question though, if it's shot at 5096 frames a second (I'm assuming that's what it meant), how fast are those birds flapping? Is there something I'm missing, are they showing a slightly less smoothed, sped up version of the footage? Anything?

1080p 25 fps I think. It's shot at 96fps and the resolution is 5K. In short it's converted from 5k to 1080p.
  • Ad NauseamAd Nauseam Acolyte
    edited March 2011
    And my ignorance suddenly appears painful.

So it was filmed on an enormous movie style camera? (I remember hearing they record at around 4x1080, so that fits)

Still, at least it's given me something to learn and it's still a nice clip.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited March 2011
    Ad Nauseam wrote: »
    And my ignorance suddenly appears painful.

So it was filmed on an enormous movie style camera? (I remember hearing they record at around 4x1080, so that fits)

Still, at least it's given me something to learn and it's still a nice clip.

Google RED EPIC, you will shit brix when you see the camera. It's a fucking compact and epically expensive.