Bitcoin Support For Totse.info

DfgDfg Admin
edited June 2011 in Help and Suggestions
I just discovered Bitcoin yesterday thanks to Totse. I have been using their client for few hours and I can see how this system works. Basically what I want is to make Bitcoin Totse official currency in Trading Zone.

Bitcoin is anonymous and you can pretty much get deals done without having to worry about things. Each user will have a Bitcoin field (like Totsean Since) and we will have more features as well.

We even might sell ADS using bitcoins. The reason I am thinking of using Bitcoin is simple, unlike paypal or moneybookers you don't have to worry about someone stalking you and I don't have to worry about extra security issues.

IMO the more simple the system is, the less it will fuck up.

On top of that, will be joining ranks with other communities and it will give us some much needed boost. As always this is a suggestion and just an idea. I plan to write few guides using it and implement this system as soon as possible.

Also, we can trade bitcoins and help totseans out if they needed help. We could become a bitcoin trading community as well. (We don't have put focus on it but it helps when you need some money and someone can help you out).

Discuss :)

[By Official I don't mean that paypal etc. is not allowed, I am just stating it will be preferred]

Comments

• edited June 2011
    As I read about Bitcoin and how it works, I'm starting to like this idea more and more. I think this will be something Totse will benefit from - maybe we can get the trading section rolling a little faster :D I think it's a good idea, but are there any downsides?
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited June 2011
    I am waiting for someone to drop in and say it has some major issues etc.

*waits*
  • edited June 2011
    I can't see any issues with using it on here, to be honest. I just took a good look at the website and now I understand it a little better... it just looks pretty cool. The only security issue I see is down to people getting losing their Bitcoin Wallet through malware or something, and even that isn't really something any Bitcoin-using website can control.

All in all, it looks good.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited June 2011
    Is there a way we can pool together to have a bigger chance of striking gold? If we are all independent of eachother, it might take longer/not be as good. I do realise accounts and potential stealing, but if there is a secure way to pool our CPU/GPU together then that'd be great.
  • edited June 2011
    ^ Kind of like Folding At Home, but instead of beating Cancer we're generating Bitcoins and instead of doing it on a massive scale we'll be doing it with the Totse community :D

I wonder how that would be possible...

Maybe we can make a botnet with all our machines, team them together and mine for coins.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited June 2011
    RemadE wrote: »
    Is there a way we can pool together to have a bigger chance of striking gold? If we are all independent of eachother, it might take longer/not be as good. I do realise accounts and potential stealing, but if there is a secure way to pool our CPU/GPU together then that'd be great.

It's possible.

A) Use bitcoinpool and register an account.
    B) Download the miner and run it.
    C) Distribute that user name and pass to trusted friends.

You all commute and one accounts gets the money. Once the payment is made you just divide it and share it.
  • edited June 2011
    Of course everybody using this account would have to be trusted not to steal all the money, right?
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited June 2011
    Sell mod positions :o
  • LethargicaLethargica Regular
    edited June 2011
    way too risky to share an account..

If anything..IF the program can be downloadable..save the program on a flash drive..and start the program on every library/school computer that you can possibly find...if you use the client from the website itself..then you can do the same thing
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited June 2011
    Lethargica wrote: »

If anything..IF the program can be downloadable..save the program on a flash drive..and start the program on every library/school computer that you can possibly find...if you use the client from the website itself..then you can do the same thing

Actually this is a good idea. I support this.
  • HellishHellish Regular
    edited June 2011
    Lethargica wrote: »

Tell me where I can find a library computer with an HD4000 series or higher GPU, or an 8000 series Nvidia card or better.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited June 2011
    Hellish wrote: »
    Tell me where I can find a library computer with an HD4000 series or higher GPU, or an 8000 series Nvidia card or better.

Hmmm, good point. Unless you're working in some 3D studio etc. it's quite hard to find system with that sort of spec.
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited June 2011
    Just make sure to use BitCoin for what it's good for, conducting illegal, semi-legal, and legal transactions. Don't use it as an investment or bank.

http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=21877
  • thewandererthewanderer Regular
    edited June 2011
    LSA King wrote: »
    Just make sure to use BitCoin for what it's good for, conducting illegal, semi-legal, and legal transactions. Don't use it as an investment or bank.

http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=21877
    A 30 Percent Decline in One Day

Is that from Silk Road closing?
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited June 2011
    Is that from Silk Road closing?

It closed already lol? That was fast.
  • thewandererthewanderer Regular
    edited June 2011
    LSA King wrote: »
    It closed already lol? That was fast.

http://www.totse.info/bbs/showthread.php?t=16285
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited June 2011
    You can familiarize yourself with generating coins and using virtual wallets here:
    http://www.bitcoinplus.com/generate

JavaScript based generation is slow and impractical, but its a good teaching tool.

Once i'm less busy (in one or two weeks) I'll write up a guide.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited June 2011
    I check the power stats. It seems if I use 8500GT I would never finish a fucking block. FML