New Link Decorations

Not sure if I like the new link hovering effects Dfg, they look odd and a little unnecessary in my opinion. Anyone else think the same thing?

Comments

• edited June 2011
    I do. They look tacky.
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited June 2011
    I like it. I though my OS was responsible for it.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited June 2011
    I thought I was just tripping out. Thanks for this thread, trx. Confirmed sobriety.
  • edited June 2011
    ^ What OS are you using? I noticed that switching from Ubuntu 11.04 over to my laptop which is running Backtrack makes the color of the effects look a little washed out, but that probably has something to do with the screen.
  • CaptainFalconCaptainFalcon Regular
    edited June 2011
    Hover your mouse over a link, dipshit :facepalm:

I quite like the effect.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited June 2011
    Subtle, but enough to make me go "wha?".

4J.png
  • edited June 2011
    ^ which browser are you using?
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited June 2011
    It looks like a half finished idea from 2004. Either keep it old school, or have it bang up to date.
  • BoxBox Regular
    edited June 2011
    Annoying!

10p58x3.gif
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited June 2011
    I was sort of fixing the code. The aim is to make it subtle. I am slowly upgrading the themes and using CSS3 elements. I think it's time we move on and make something unique. I heard lot of users bitching about being a Totse rip off and I think it's time to fix that issue.
  • xxombiexxombie Regular
    edited June 2011
    It reminds me of the font code I used when I was like ten an went in the neopets chatroom, or a cheap flash website or something. Looks like shit. It doesn't feel like an update at all.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited June 2011
    xxombie wrote: »
    It reminds me of the font code I used when I was like ten an went in the neopets chatroom, or a cheap flash website or something. Looks like shit. It doesn't feel like an update at all.

It's not really an update. More like a test.
  • edited June 2011
    Dfg wrote: »
    I was sort of fixing the code. The aim is to make it subtle. I am slowly upgrading the themes and using CSS3 elements. I think it's time we move on and make something unique. I heard lot of users bitching about being a Totse rip off and I think it's time to fix that issue.

If you're going to change the layout, change it all. If you mix and match using elements of the Totse design, it'll just feel weird and strange. :o
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited June 2011
    If you're going to change the layout, change it all. If you mix and match using elements of the Totse design, it'll just feel weird and strange. :o

Actually this bit of effect would work with Nigger (TRON) Theme. Like I said, I am restarting the development and it will take some time for me to adjust.

Right now, I am half naked my computer chair is wet thanks to humidity and the headphones I am using are wet as well.

:)