Green Lantern (2011)

Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
edited October 2011 in Spurious Generalities
http://isohunt.com/torrent_details/317043209/green+lantern+2011+movie?tab=summary

This torrent was blazing fast with plenty of seeds. I hit speeds of 1.5 Mbps. The samples look like decent quality for a movie that is still in the theaters. I am going to watch this tonight and give my feedback on both the film and this files quality tomorrow.

Comments

• DfgDfg Admin
    edited August 2011
    Been meaning to see it, but I haven't really been motivated because it was the gayest fucking concept for a comic.
    Dude, at least keep things clean here :(. Regardless of your hate about the movie, don't shit on users thread mate.

I haven't watched the movie, heard some good stuff regarding it and it features Blake and Rey which I can watch without killing myself. I am NOT a fan but I am curious about the concept of the movie.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited August 2011
    The quality of this was pretty good for a screener. It is a Russian copy with English audio. The audio was 9/10 and the video was about 6.6-7/10. There is one time where a person did walk in front of the camera and I thought I was watching MST3K fr a second.

As for the film itself I am a huge fan of Green Lantern and the comic book movie genre. That being said this film was an excellent adaptation of the Green Lantern creation story. It was also very true to the ethics if the Green Lantern Corps and the Guardians of Oa. The film even dealt with Sinestro's leadership of the corp and his eventual downfall and descent into evil due to his lust for more power.

As some of you may know the power of the Green Lantern's ring is derived from the will of all beings in the universe and in this story the color of will is green. The Guardians of Oa chose will as they judged it to be the strongest known force. Fear, who's color is yellow was looked at as a possible source of power for the rings but dismissed due to it's unpredictability and difficulty to effectively control.

Parallax, the physical embodiment of fear, is the villain in this film which ties into the eventful corruption of Sinestro. The entire story line of the film in fact was done in a manner that I found to faithful to my childhood memories of reading Green Lantern comic books after bedtime, under the covers with a flashlight.

My overall rating of this film is 8.5/10
  • RogueEagle91RogueEagle91 Regular
    edited August 2011
    What? I'm not. I said I don't have high expectations considering I thought the premise of the comic was fairly rubbish, but I'll get around to watching it eventually, and hopefully it'll surprise me.

Also, it's not my fault pictures here always come out full size

There are worse premises for comics.
    See also: Fantastic Four

Anyway, I have yet to see the GL movie, but I've been wanting to for a while. I'm a comic nerd, but i didn't pick up on GL til the Blackest Night DC event a year or two back. Very interested to see how this was, despite many a negative review on it.
    edited August 2011
    I never read what critics think about movies. They never like what I do and I never like what they do.
  • RogueEagle91RogueEagle91 Regular
    edited August 2011
    Oh, I'm not talking about critics, as far as professional ones go.
    I'm more talking about my comic/cinema buff friends, who often have similar taste in films.

I agree with not listening to them, though. Many a movie got "two thumbs up" that are complete pieces of shit.
    edited August 2011
    Oh, I'm not talking about critics, as far as professional ones go.
    I'm more talking about my comic/cinema buff friends, who often have similar taste in films.

I agree with not listening to them, though. Many a movie got "two thumbs up" that are complete pieces of shit.

OK well that would be a good source if they were people you knew and had common experiences with.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited October 2011
    Watched it just now. I liked it a lot. Although I didn't have a clue about the comic background but I felt the movie did justice. The cast wasn't bad and the effects were great perhaps not as cool as Transformers but still up there. I liked the lead girl, OMG talk about being hot. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0515116/ They should have just gone for a full fuck scene and left the the other bits out and focused on the action since it's there this movie could have excelled even more, don't get me wrong there was action in this flick but even I can sense there was room for moe. Still, I didn't mind watching this flick one bit.