Killzone 3!

SkittlesSkittles Regular
edited September 2010 in Spurious Generalities
Has anyone else been following everything they've been showing about KZ3? I've just seen some new footage at Gamescom that previews their multiplayer. It's short, but looks bloody awesome with the Mechs and Jetpacks!

There is also rumored to be co-op/split-screen on and offline:

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=1&eotf=1&u=http://psnow.es/index.php/noticias/articulo/2594/&sl=es&tl=en

http://n4g.com/news/589782/killzone-3-co-operative-hinted-at-gamescom

Also some new features and things that should be mentioned about KZ3:
  • Supports 3D
  • Supports Playstation Move
  • Story starts off right after the one in Killzone 2
  • Have hired in a professional writer to do the story
  • Improved controls (quicker)
  • Improved melee system
  • Larger scale environments
  • More environment variety
  • More enemy type variety
  • Jetpacks!

I loved Killzone 1 and 2, can't wait for the third :D

Comments

• DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited August 2010
    Ive had a Ps3 for awhile now yet I still haven't gotten around to playing any of the killzone games. They look bad ass I must change this and get the second one.
  • [][][][][][][][] Acolyte
    edited August 2010
    Never played a Killzone game, just wanted to say the helghast always looked badass to me.

Helghast.jpg
  • SkittlesSkittles Regular
    edited August 2010
    Ive had a Ps3 for awhile now yet I still haven't gotten around to playing any of the killzone games. They look bad ass I must change this and get the second one.

I actually liked the first better than the second, but luckily you don't need to play the first to understand the second. You will need to play the second to understand the third for sure though!
    [][][][] wrote: »
    Never played a Killzone game, just wanted to say the helghast always looked badass to me.[/img]

Its funny how the Helghast have developed lightning weaponry, flying attack drones, masks to protect them from the environment, spaceships and even colonized an uninhabited planet... yet they can still not master the art of tinting that glowing orange bullseye beacon on their face that just screams "shoot me here" :hai:
  • TLVTLV Regular
    edited August 2010
    The jetpack things look fun.
  • PigPig Regular
    edited September 2010
    Skittles wrote: »
    Its funny how the Helghast have developed lightning weaponry, flying attack drones, masks to protect them from the environment, spaceships and even colonized an uninhabited planet... yet they can still not master the art of tinting that glowing orange bullseye beacon on their face that just screams "shoot me here" :hai:

Sam Fisher did it. :)
  • edited September 2010
    Certainly looks awesome! Haven't been following though, perhaps I should start.

Also, LOL at the Sam Fisher reference. I couldn't agree more.
  • edited September 2010
    [][][][] wrote: »
    Never played a Killzone game, just wanted to say the helghast always looked badass to me.

Helghast.jpg

That's because they're Nazi-esque, and the Nazis designed their shit to look snappy and intimidating.
    edited September 2010
    Pig wrote: »
    Sam Fisher did it. :)

Guess what Sam is doing these days?

Hint: Look at the Helghast Scout Sniper ;)
    edited September 2010
    New KZ3 Move Demo.

• PigPig Regular
    edited September 2010
    I'm not sure I'm feeling the Move controls. The toggle auto-aim seems a bit...tedious.
    edited September 2010
    The way the reticule moves around the screen reminds me of a Time Crisis arcade game, only with better graphics :o

I guess you can't really tell if its a win or not until you try it out for yourself.