A bird just flew into my window

edited September 2010 in Spurious Generalities
From the looks of things, there are no signs of immediate damage but god damn that made me jump :facepalm:

Stupid birds. Has this ever happened to you?

Comments

• edited September 2010
    Yes. Stupid fucking birds.
  • edited September 2010
    I actually remember when I was in school and a bird flew straight inside the gym hall and started flying around. I think it might have landed a few poops in there too.
  • blindbatblindbat Regular
    edited September 2010
    nope never happened to me.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited September 2010
    Careful, the spirits may be trying to warn you of something. If it flew inside, that would be bad luck. Especially if it's a crow. Brace for impending doom.
  • StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
    edited September 2010
    Ever hit a bird in your car?

The first thing I thought of was this.

• DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited September 2010
    Yeah I've had this happen a few times. This is why birds are stupid and I dont feel bad for shooting them all the time.
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited September 2010
    Ever hit a bird in your car?

The first thing I thought of was this.
    :thumbsup:
  • ScuDScuD Regular
    edited September 2010
    Yeah I've had this happen a few times. This is why birds are stupid and I dont feel bad for shooting them all the time.

your gonna lose the bird vote.
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited September 2010
    ScuD wrote: »
    your gonna lose the bird vote.

All I gotta do is make them a promise. Vote or Birdshot they'll take vote accept for the crows. you cant reason with a crow:thumbsup:
  • acid_dropacid_drop Regular
    edited September 2010
    All I gotta do is make them a promise. Vote or Birdshot they'll take vote accept for the crows. you cant reason with a crow:thumbsup:

*except

And yes, the dumb fucks always fly in to my balcony window. My Girlfriend bitches about them leaving blood on it, so I tell her, obviously if you quit cleaning it so damned much they wouldn't fly in to it. The neighbors don't have these problems. For fucks sake woman :o
  • Hammer TankHammer Tank Regular
    edited September 2010
    a bird hit my motorcycle helmet once while I was traveling at 80 MPH :o just scratched it with the claws, because I ducked.
  • mr.bluntmr.blunt Regular
    edited September 2010
    Fabio+goose.jpg

Last winter at about 7:00AM, I heard a loud banging in my roommate's room beside me. I thought he was moving shit around or beating off or something, but it went on for well over an hour. I finally got up to check it out and he was there just staring at his window where this robin was just flying into it over and over again. It left a little bit later, but for about a week that robin showed up every morning and would just fly into his window, bounce off, and repeat. It was fucking weird.
  • HelladamnleetHelladamnleet Banned
    edited September 2010
    No, I have never had this happen.
    edited September 2010
    mr.blunt wrote: »

Last winter at about 7:00AM, I heard a loud banging in my roommate's room beside me. I thought he was moving shit around or beating off or something, but it went on for well over an hour. I finally got up to check it out and he was there just staring at his window where this robin was just flying into it over and over again. It left a little bit later, but for about a week that robin showed up every morning and would just fly into his window, bounce off, and repeat. It was fucking weird.
    That is pretty weird.:confused:
  • edited September 2010
    a bird hit my motorcycle helmet once while I was traveling at 80 MPH :o just scratched it with the claws, because I ducked.

Jesus dude, that could have been really bad. Like, REALLY bad.
    edited September 2010
    bornkiller wrote: »
    That is pretty weird.:confused:

Yeah I know eh? I'm surprised it didn't kill itself flying into a window for an hour each day.

That was right after he broke up with his girlfriend of two years, and he was looking up robins on the internet and it said something about them being a sign of new beginnings or something, so that's his explanation.

I think the bird was just fucked in the head.
    edited September 2010
    Yeah I know eh? I'm surprised it didn't kill itself flying into a window for an hour each day.

That was right after he broke up with his girlfriend of two years, and he was looking up robins on the internet and it said something about them being a sign of new beginnings or something, so that's his explanation.

I think the bird was just fucked in the head.
    Hahaha! Now you just trollin me bro. :D
    edited September 2010
    All truth my man. I really don't think that robin was a sign, but he was all about it.

I still don't know what would make a bird do that.
  • StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
    edited September 2010
    It was probably not a bird but a retard. The retarded come in all forms, shapes and sizes. They disguise themselves in all creatures. Its kinda scary.
    edited September 2010
    All truth my man. I really don't think that robin was a sign, but he was all about it.

I still don't know what would make a bird do that.
    Actually! Birds can be pretty fuckin strange come to think of it. Not far from my gfs place is a forestry walking track. When I've driven past it I've noticed there are a few stray chickens and a rooster. They apperently don't belong to anyone.
    She'd asked me if I'd noticed the grey cat that's with them. I'd never noticed the cat, but she swears it's not far from those chickens.
    ok! the weird part is, she's seen this cat sleeping and these chickens are around it....sorta guarding it while it sleeps. Get near the cat while it's asleep and the chickens warn it before you get anywhere near it. She's even seen it sit there amongst them and they keep close to it.
    edited September 2010
    Haha, crazy birds.
    edited September 2010
    My dog used to attack me every time i would pick up my cat but that's pretty cool how the roosters looked after the cat like that.
    My dogs protective of my cat and my gfs cats. Usually against agro dogs, cats and strangers.
    If I take her to a friends house and they have cats hanging around she'll befriend them by the next day, wild or pets, it don't matter.:confused:
    Weird considering she's a Huntaway, Rotty X and the best guard dog I've ever owned.
    What breeds yours bro?:)