Kampala Bomb Attacks

DeadHamDeadHam Acolyte
edited July 2010 in Spurious Generalities
Pretty fucked up shit.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/July_2010_Kampala_attacks
Im sure you've all heard of it by now.

Basically, Al Qaeda wannabes in Somali are pissed at their Christan neighbors for invading their 'country' with the halp of the US of A. I guess that's a good enough reason to Jihad, but damn, killing that many fucking civilians... I guess it might make Uganda think twice about sending their military out tromping around the Horn of Africa.

Here's an interesting but basically unrelated documentary about Al Shabaab for your all's viewing pleasure: linky

Comments

• DeadHamDeadHam Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    Post script, this forum needs a Mod.
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited July 2010
    We should just nuke somalia its a worthless nation and I cant think of one negative impact somalia's absence would have.
  • AnonymousAnonymous Regular
    edited July 2010
    Uganda invaded and they striked back. Its a war, expect casualties.

Especially when the other country takes it upon themselves to push into Somalia which is already war torn due to interventionist policies by the United States and various other nations. Also accusing them of being linked to Al-Queda is nothing more than a joke-- Due to the fact that they don't take orders from Al-Queda and neither does anyone for that matter.

Also, I don't see how its 'fucked up shit' when the casualties on Somalians from the other side are higher.

Its a shame though that innocents had to die due to military conflict between these groups.
    We should just nuke somalia its a worthless nation and I cant think of one negative impact somalia's absence would have.

And that would be an even larger atrocity than this one.
  • AnonymousAnonymous Regular
    edited July 2010
    As previously thought... This is all due to another UN supported mission in Africa.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/African_Union_Mission_to_Somalia

I won't go fully into these UN missions but what the UN does is to attempt to intervene in war torn nations in Africa and to push their policies onto them which ends up causing more violence in the end. :(

Tl;dr UN supported entities in Africa cause the same amount of casualties if not more and stir shit up in these nations and then the UN decides to call it a 'peace process.'