The recession

NegrophobeNegrophobe Regular
edited March 2011 in Spurious Generalities
It's got to the point where current life is mundane. It happens to the most of us and often the best of us. It doesn't help when prices to do activities are rising. The best position I've found taking is of guarded optimism and/or borderline pessimism. This recession is one of the worst in recent memory, all economic collapse exaggerations aside, which there is some truth to. It's had an impact on an entire generation and most likely will for life and many have suffered psychological damage as a result.

It's some what difficult to be social because the negativity of the recession just causes people to go into a shell. At the moment I'm working as a window cleaner, I'm trying to get that back on the track that it was until I had an accident, rendering me unable to work for 5 months. I've been unable to take anytime off because there's been so much work to catch up on, whilst I still have periods of pain.

I've come to realize that hard, continuous, methodical labour, destroys courage, saps vitality, and demoralizes character. Men who labour hard and continuously have no power to think. It requires all their vital force to keep their muscles in trim.

It beats being inactive with broken ankles and having too much time on your hands and I'm making plans for what direction to go next. I don't have much care or time for the majority of people as of the moment, they're clueless and/or usually of the older privileged age demographic who don't give a shit. When they give advice, it's just a load of shite about how they worked hard and today's generation isn't working hard enough. All of this talk about cuts, but then they lay off the cheap younger workers instead of the more expensive older workers, because they are all nepotists. The statistics support me that young MALES are hurt the most by the recession. Most people who graduate are being stuck with part time work, which is even lucky for them if they get that.

I can understand why people do what Charles Whitman, Derrick Bird, Timothy McVeigh and these other "terrorists" and "madmen" do. It's mainly my interests in third-positionist politics that gives me some motivation; but like I said guarded optimism and borderline pessimism is the best position to take.