Laptop headphones

Issue313Issue313 Acolyte
edited July 2010 in Tech & Games
So I just pluged some headphones into my IBM Thinkpad. Why is it only Apple laptops provide decent, static and interference free audio output? Is it really THAT complicated?

Comments

• SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited July 2010
    Shitty Drivers? Shitty Windows Audio API? The usual suspects.
  • KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
    edited July 2010
    What were you trying to play? The same music file? I've never had problems with audio on my eeePC. However that said, all my music is FLAC.
  • Issue313Issue313 Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    Not trying to play anything. Just headphones are plugged in I can hear interference or noise or something. I know its not just my laptop, my phone has the same problem, even some cheap crappy mp3 players.
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited July 2010
    Issue313 wrote: »
    Not trying to play anything. Just headphones are plugged in I can hear interference or noise or something. I know its not just my laptop, my phone has the same problem, even some cheap crappy mp3 players.

What headphones do you have? If you're using the freebies that come with iPods that would probably be why it sounds better in Apple products :p. This is why 3.5" jacks should be standard and copper coating on all headphones and audio in devices. My $69 Bose work flawlessly in any device.
  • KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
    edited July 2010
    Issue313 wrote: »

Chances are you have some interfering device in you're house then. What does the noise sound like?