TB Coming into Britain

NegrophobeNegrophobe Regular
edited June 2011 in Spurious Generalities
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1393814/Tuberculosis-TB-jab-thousands-babies-NHS-admits-infection-control.html
Thousands of babies could be vaccinated against tuberculosis amid concern over soaring rates of infection.

The number of cases has risen by 50 per cent in the past decade and NHS officials fear it is becoming out of control.

Doctors and managers of health trusts in London – which has the highest infection rates in Britain – are drawing up plans to vaccinate all babies within six weeks of birth.

GPs would be encouraged to test for the disease in all new patients registering with their surgery, particularly those coming from countries with very high infection rates.

The plans would also see family doctors, nurses and midwives and housing workers undergo extra training to help them spot the symptoms of the illness – a notorious killer well into the 20th century.

The draft proposals have been drawn up by London Health Programmes, an NHS organisation made up of front-line workers and managers that works with local health trusts to improve treatment and services.

Health officials will decide whether babies need to be vaccinated as final plans are published in the autumn.

Rates of TB have hit a 30-year high with 9,040 infections in Britain last year, Health Protection Agency figures show. This is the highest number recorded since 1979, when there were 9,266 cases.

The disease is often brought into the country by immigrants from India, South-East Asia and Africa, and it is also common amongst the homeless and drug users.

London has by far the highest rates of infections in Britain, accounting for 40 per cent of the country's total number of cases.

Other hotspots include Birmingham, Leicester and North-West England, although it is not clear whether health trusts in these areas would decide to vaccinate all babies.

The disease, which is caused by bacteria, attacks the lungs and typical symptoms include cough, fever, tiredness, lack of appetite, night sweats and weight loss.

It can spread to many parts of the body, including the bones and nervous system.

A person can catch TB by being in the same room as an infected person.

The Bacillus Calmette-Guérin vaccine, also known as the BCG vaccine, can protect against TB. The jab was discontinued for schoolchildren in 2005.

Onn Min Kon, a consultant at St Mary's Hospital, London and clinical adviser for the London TB Plan, said: 'You go to Joe Public and he thinks that TB is a beaten disease and it's not a concern.

'The public needs to know it is not beaten. The risk is low but in London there are some bits where you could call it endemic.

'Rates in some boroughs are higher than parts of the Indian subcontinent.

'All of us will have plenty of examples of people who are theoretically at low risk, but have TB.'

A Department of Health spokesman said: 'We recognise that tuberculosis is a serious issue in London, particularly in more deprived boroughs and among the migrant community.

'The local NHS continues to monitor the number of TB cases in the capital and works closely with partner agencies to identify and treat those with TB.

'We welcome the consultation on the draft TB Plan for London. However, consideration of future vaccination needs is just one of a range of areas the plan identifies for control of TB.'

Comments

• RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited June 2011
    Strange, as when I was at School we weren't given the TB jab because "there was no need to" and so I don't have that scar on my upper arm that stays with you.

Nice one, Government. Cutting money where it needs to be.
    Not that I'd have had the fucking jab anyway, as it could have killed me as my immune system was buggered. Dead if you do, dead if you don't.
  • edited June 2011
    I was never given the jab either as they told us that TB wasn't really around any more... Oh well. I guess I'll just have to be careful not to go near any infected people. I don't really meet many people outside of my circle of friends anyway so I think I'm all cool.
  • NegrophobeNegrophobe Regular
    edited June 2011
    Strange, we were given the TB jab.
    edited June 2011
    Us whippersnappers are behind it ;)
    edited June 2011
    NaziMick wrote: »
    We should ban all foreign Scum from coming to England!

Agreed. I don't agree with your anti-semitism (and see it as a bane on the pro-white movement), but I'm sure me and you agree on more than we disagree on. I'm more of an Andrew Brons and Jared Taylor man, rather than David Duke, William Pierce and Tom Metzger types. What are your opinions on Lawrence Auster, a pro-white, race-realist jew?
    edited June 2011
    I can see where you're coming from. I've heard from all of the conspiracy theories to somewhat more intelligent theories from Kevin MacDonald. It appears to be more of a cause from Liberalism and supercapitalism itself, more than a predisposition for jews to be evil.

Most of the jews are leftists who are not doing their actions in the name of zionism, but in the name of liberalism. The reason American jews support Israel is not in the name of zionism, but liberalism, as Israel is more liberal than the rest of its neighbours in the middle east. The majority of Jews act as individuals, not as members of a group and most of these individualistic Jews support liberal America, so yes they are in the wrong, but not because they're Jews, they're just behind the wrong causes. Some individualistic Jews, like Lawrence Auster, do not. Nor do I deny that some Jews have powerfully backed and lead anti-nationalist and politically correct movements, but they did not march alone; gentiles of every race and creed back these interests too. As a race-realist, ultra-nationalist and fascist I support people who agree with my viewpoints, Jew or not, and I oppose people who disagree with me philosophically, Jew or not.

Most white nationalists will spout the words of Dr. William Pierce and Kevin Macdonald as if it were the gospel, and he would have been right about the differences between Jewish and Northwestern European culture; 2000 years ago They no longer represent the average Jew. He was correct about some of the leaders, but he isn't right about the average Jew. Most American jews, today, do not act like old school Jews, they act like Americans, and that is their downfall. People trying to shift the blame on Jews are trying to shift the blame away from America (and other nations) and its globalist borgeois liberalism and other problems.

Jews who are against nationalism, racial identity, and are pro-multiculturalism and condone to the anti-gentile sentiments in the talmud in our land must be fought, like any other person. The lobbies need to be opposed as well.

As for Gaza and the Israel-Palestine issue, I don't care.
  • edited June 2011
    The anti vaccination movement that some still refuse to believe was founded on falsified information connecting autism and vaccinations has weakened what is called "herd immunity". Herd immunity means that even if one individual gets a disease, they are unlikely to encounter someone who is vulnerable to it. In the case of TB, it was likely a cost cutting measure, and now that a significant percentage of the population is not immunized, the disease has the chance to spread.

C/O
    "a disorder unto myself"
    edited June 2011
    Yeah, I don't buy into that vaccine, new world order shit; or the fluoride bullshit.
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited June 2011
    The anti vaccination movement that some still refuse to believe was founded on falsified information connecting autism and vaccinations has weakened what is called "herd immunity". Herd immunity means that even if one individual gets a disease, they are unlikely to encounter someone who is vulnerable to it. In the case of TB, it was likely a cost cutting measure, and now that a significant percentage of the population is not immunized, the disease has the chance to spread.

C/O
    "a disorder unto myself"

Nah, the TB vaccine was stopped in the UK as it was virtually irradicated. Then we started letting anyone into the country - and not checking them for disease. The resurgence in TB has been imported.

Also, fuck vaccinations. If we were not mollycodled with un-natural health 'care' we would have far fewer people with chronic disease draining the rest of society and passing their failure genes on.
  • edited June 2011
    dr rocker wrote: »
    Nah, the TB vaccine was stopped in the UK as it was virtually irradicated. Then we started letting anyone into the country - and not checking them for disease. The resurgence in TB has been imported.

Also, fuck vaccinations. If we were not mollycodled with un-natural health 'care' we would have far fewer people with chronic disease draining the rest of society and passing their failure genes on.

They did do screenings for tb before issuing visas a few dozen years ago didn't they?, I hope both my country and yours smarten up.

You have spent enough time behind a bar to know that most chronic conditions are self induced, and the best way to be a massive drain on the health care system is to live a long and healthy life, then spend 10 years slowly fading away into a vegetable in a care home. Measels, mumps, rubella, polio, smallpox all can create illnesses that are very costly to treat, so immunizations make good sense.
    edited June 2011

It's lines like that which put me back to stage 1.
    Although I see your point and I do acknowledge there truly are some wasteful vegetables sitting around, I do hope that my Crohn's disease is not something which causes me to be useless. Sure I may have one day in a while where I am in pain, but I pay my taxes and contribute to a Society which, although isn't perfect, has cared for me - such as the NHS. It's a fucking lifesaver, and anyone who wishes to debate that needs to experience it. It's not perfect, as said, but better than alternatives which I could have just have easily been born into (inb4America. I'm not going there, as the world is bigger than the West).

People also look at the Rich for ripping off the Country and embezzeling money. What about the blue-collar crime? The high-rise banker may fraudulently take a bonus, but what about the 100 council-Estate dwelling, Frank Gallagher types who are perfectly able bodied but choose to have loads of kids, waste money on fags, booze and shit life choices, ultimately costing the same as that £1,000,000 Corporate bonus? It all adds up, and a medical condition or illness is subjective. Maybe their one is making the wrong choices? Or wasting money on shit? It's a shame mine was accellerated by factors, and I had no choice in it. It's taken me to the motorway bridge handrails and dark, lonely places - but I made it out. I don't think of myself as superior to anyone because of this affliction, but I work just as hard, if not more, to get to the same level as everyone else.

Perspective and balance.
  • edited June 2011
    RemadE wrote: »

I don't know how much it costs, but I suspect helminthic/worm therapy is pretty cheap.

Or are you already using it in addition to drugs?
    edited June 2011
    I don't know how much it costs, but I suspect helminthic/worm therapy is pretty cheap.

Or are you already using it in addition to drugs?

Haven't had worm treatment but am aware. It's considered another league of treatment by my Consultant. I only have the drugs I need once a fortnight, and I have to do this.
    edited June 2011
    They did do screenings for tb before issuing visas a few dozen years ago didn't they?, I hope both my country and yours smarten up.

You have spent enough time behind a bar to know that most chronic conditions are self induced, and the best way to be a massive drain on the health care system is to live a long and healthy life, then spend 10 years slowly fading away into a vegetable in a care home. Measels, mumps, rubella, polio, smallpox all can create illnesses that are very costly to treat, so immunizations make good sense.

If people had to pay for their own healthcare, they would only be a drain on the resources that they have available.

All of the diseases which you mention can create health problems - however, if no care is given during the active stage of the disease, you will find that people either live or die, and only a small percentage go on to develop problems.

Saying these problems are costly to treat assumes I am willing to pay for the healthcare of others. I am not.
    Although I see your point and I do acknowledge there truly are some wasteful vegetables sitting around, I do hope that my Crohn's disease is not something which causes me to be useless. Sure I may have one day in a while where I am in pain, but I pay my taxes and contribute to a Society which, although isn't perfect, has cared for me - such as the NHS. It's a fucking lifesaver, and anyone who wishes to debate that needs to experience it. It's not perfect, as said, but better than alternatives which I could have just have easily been born into (inb4America. I'm not going there, as the world is bigger than the West).

People also look at the Rich for ripping off the Country and embezzeling money. What about the blue-collar crime? The high-rise banker may fraudulently take a bonus, but what about the 100 council-Estate dwelling, Frank Gallagher types who are perfectly able bodied but choose to have loads of kids, waste money on fags, booze and shit life choices, ultimately costing the same as that £1,000,000 Corporate bonus? It all adds up, and a medical condition or illness is subjective. Maybe their one is making the wrong choices? Or wasting money on shit? It's a shame mine was accellerated by factors, and I had no choice in it. It's taken me to the motorway bridge handrails and dark, lonely places - but I made it out. I don't think of myself as superior to anyone because of this affliction, but I work just as hard, if not more, to get to the same level as everyone else.

Perspective and balance.

Nice how you flipped my argument about human health to line it up with corporate bonuses. They are completly unrelated. However, as you bring it up, I would rather no healthcare was provided and I paid less tax.
    edited June 2011
    Nice how you flipped my argument about human health to line it up with corporate bonuses. They are completly unrelated. However, as you bring it up, I would rather no healthcare was provided and I paid less tax.

I genuinely didn't mean to - it was just onmy mind after a chat with a Doctor earlier that day and I was pretty peeved, so added it in. It wasn't related to the reply to you.
    edited June 2011
    I genuinely didn't mean to - it was just onmy mind after a chat with a Doctor earlier that day and I was pretty peeved, so added it in. It wasn't related to the reply to you.

Dont worry about it, its one of those situations that can easily come up. When ever people talk about paying less tax, everyone thinks it is a good idea until some one says 'Hang on, how will we pay for xyz...'