Zoklet

IWDIWD Acolyte
edited July 2010 in Spurious Generalities
So what do you guys think of zoklet? I had a fair amount of posts on zoklet, but that was on zoklet and not on here, because this place isn't zoklet.

I wonder what's better? totse.info or zoklet? Have any of you ever been to zoklet? Have all of you been to zoklet? Is anyone here strictly a member on here and not on zoklet?

What about ZOKLET?!!:(

Comments

• LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited July 2010
    Zoklet was boring and got old ever since last summer when I, along with many others watched the place turn into a ground hogs day style repeat. Threads were being repeated, content was just rehashed, people quit giving a fuck or left, and overall quality was degrading. I'm not saying this place will be different form any of the others that have sprouted up since the demise of Totse Com, but there is hope. Overall that "fresh feel" is here and as long as people start creating some actual user-generated content we wont stale out.

Right now the current mission is for Hellish and whomever is helping or can help to get the site fully functional. I know the reason its been down broken for a week had to do with the server switch and consequently a move from the old layout to a more modern CMS layout so it wont be a bitch to bring it back if it ever goes down. Everything sites like Totse have done were pretty much done by hand leaving some absolute horrid code to deal with in todays environment. If Hellish and friends can pull it off it'll be that much easier in the future if shit happens and the DB is put up for fire sale again.

Once that's done members have already planned events for July 30th (given some don't bitch out which I hope they don't) to bring this place traffic. Really the only thing holding us back from reliving the Totse days completely is just the main site functionality.

I really want to contribute to fixing the DB links on the archives and maybe (with hope) done the road merge both the new and old forums together. If we get to that point in the future I highly suggest Hellish put up a site backup in case shit happens like with Totse where people had to rip the site completely. There is too much history and valuable information for it to be lost again. Without that information Totse in mind, body, spirit, and for all purposes will official die.
  • ILTST9ILTST9 Regular
    edited July 2010
    Wtf is zoklet?
  • HTS-NoobHTS-Noob Regular
    edited July 2010
    ILTST9 wrote: »
    Wtf is zoklet?

This.
  • MegaKushMegaKush Regular
    edited July 2010
    LSA king pretty much summed it up. Many good contributers left the site, then it saw its real downfall. The day Greyfox/Armsmerchant (was that his totse name) resigned as moderator was the last straw for me.

but we really have to make this site work right, then we will see a steady flow of new members once we start popping up in more google searches.
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited July 2010
    MegaKush wrote: »
    LSA king pretty much summed it up. Many good contributers left the site, then it saw its real downfall. The day Greyfox/Armsmerchant (was that his totse name) resigned as moderator was the last straw for me.

but we really have to make this site work right, then we will see a steady flow of new members once we start popping up in more google searches.

I didn't realize Greyfox was ArmsMerchant til someone mentioned it in one of the threads about him. Hopefully he signs up here.

We need Operation FYW to succeed. Everyone should plan something.
    edited July 2010
    -SpectraL wrote: »
    ArmsMerchant has been having some technical problems getting on here, but I hope he will contact one of us and request assistance so we can get him in here.

I tried making an account to PM the name/pass, but I couldn't get it to work either. Maybe after the wordpress move it'll work.
    edited July 2010
    Hah, that looks like it was the problem. Funny.
    edited July 2010
    I sent him a PM with the info for the ArmsMerchant account. Hopefully he decides to join us.