Editing the Wiki + ED pages?

edited July 2010 in Help and Suggestions
Wiki - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TOTSE

ED - Meh actually, screw ED.

These pages are currently out of date and hosting incorrect information, including links which don't work, etc. We need to get these fixed pretty soon, preferably before Operation FYW. If people start googling for TOTSE and come across an outdated article with a bunch of wrong information and dead links (and even a link to Zoklet, I think), then that's a load of potential activity down the drain, and wasted effort.

Comments

• 1357913579 Death Cog Machine
    edited July 2010
    Every time I try to fix the wikipedia article, the wikifags revert it, say there is no real successor website, and ban me or lock the page for editing "Because we don't know what we're talking about" or some other reason. Fuckers don't know what they're talking about.
  • edited July 2010
    13579 wrote: »
    Every time I try to fix the wikipedia article, the wikifags revert it, say there is no real successor website, and ban me or lock the page for editing "Because we don't know what we're talking about" or some other reason. Fuckers don't know what they're talking about.

Seriously? That's retarded. How many times have you tried to edit?

Maybe if enough people tried consecutively, and made it apparent that our editing is legit, they might leave it all on there.
  • BungHoleBungHole Regular
    edited July 2010
    Correct factual data in the wikipedia articles if you can. I mean, they do claim to be accurate and factual usually. Perhaps you spread misinformation?

As for ED, uh, yeah. Is an ED article suppose to even have a point of view that agrees with others? Isn't the purpose to intentionally misrepresent facts for Dramatic purposes? Don't they purposely contradict everyone's opinion?

I don't suppose you got butt hurt because ED talks shit about everything, even totse?

I mean, what do they support? Anonymous? It's obvious they attempt to support nothing at all. That's their style, why invade and censor others? Isn't that hypocritical?

Maybe you should focus less on third party sources of information and begin making the text files accurate and factual, so that they can more easily be circulated and relied upon for information. We don't have to edit old ones, just focus on revolutionizing the quality and accuracy of new ones, while also drawing attention to the site.

Bombshock holds totses old place on that search. I suppose you're okay with that?

Why focus on the wikipedia totse articles? Write your own wikipedia .info articles. Maybe that would help more.

But honestly, did you learn about the original totse from wikipedia? Or did you google "how to make bombs," "household highs," that kind of thing?

Personally, I don't want this site to be exactly like the original totse, or any other site. It requires some adaption to this era. But if you don't agree, maybe you should be looking into more "traditional" means of popularizing the site.

I just hope you realize, for many years, totse was on the first page of google results under "how to make bombs." Claiming this site to be totse, without holding that place on a google search page, is absolutely blasphemous.

Bombshock now holds totse's old place on the google page. I suppose you're okay with that though?
  • TLVTLV Regular
    edited July 2010
    I'm going to keep editing it and convince the assholes on wiki to keep it. Someone type of a good revision and post it here. WITH QUOTATIONS PLEASE.