conciously changing your personality

MorningsideMorningside Regular
edited July 2010 in Life
Has anyone else tried doing this? If so was it successful?

Personally, I've taken this quote from Liber Null to heart, and I'd say my life is better for it:
Consider laughter: it is the highest emotion, for it can contain any of the others from ecstacy to grief. It has no opposite. Crying is merely an underdeveloped form of it which cleanses the eyes and summons assistance to infants. Laughter is the only tenable attitude in a universe which is a joke played upon itself.

The trick is to see that joke played out even in the neutral and ghastly events which surround one. It is not for us to question the universe's apparent lack of taste. Seek the emotion of laughter at what delights and amuses, seek it in whatever is neutral or meaningless, seek it even in what is horrific and revolting. Though it may be forced at first, one can learn to smile inwardly at all things.

edit: Also, Aleister Crowley developed a method that can be used for such purposes.
http://www.ain23.com/topy.net/jugorum.html

Comments

• white rabbitwhite rabbit Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    Sure, I don't see why not. Forcing yourself to change is really just speeding up an inevitable process by remaining focused. I like the for instance (laughter) because it represents a very true fact. You know those times in life where everyone around you becomes an enemy? Your fear is a counter-motive for something deeper, like a scar in your heart where someone betrayed you and it hurt badly. No one is your enemy if you do not allothem to be, and the fear disappates. I use this example because it is something I am dealing with in life.

Marijuana aids and also falters this process, along with many psychedelics. Depersonalization can change your perception into a self molding process.

LSD will show you some very deep sense of truth and you wont want to turn back to the way you were. You will know that there is something deeper and will begin to question yourself.

Ah yes, question yourself. Continously. Oh, and positive thinking. Library is closing, I have to go.
  • PacinoPacino Regular
    edited July 2010
    ewffkoew[kegm[wm[weomw