vending machines

SpinsterSpinster Regular
edited October 2011 in Man Cave
I remeber copying this down from the old totse.
its the code to hack into the vending machines with a electronic key pad on the front.

first enter - 4231, this is the access code

go to previous menu - press 1

go to an option - press 2 and 3 ( dont know if you press them together or 2 scroll up, 3 scroll down)

enter - press 4

now im not sure what purpose you cant use this information for, but a few years ago when I was about 15 I tried it and the screen came up with the words "option", then my mother proply dragged me away lol

Comments

• edited October 2011
    I think this only works on certain Coke vending machines, and I'm pretty sure you can't change prices or anything (although I could be wrong).
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited October 2011
    You can see how much the machine has in it, in terms of money and merchandise but that's about it I think.
  • edited October 2011
    Yeah it tells you info but that is all.

You'll notice now the machines have an antenna on top of them - the data is not collected manually anymore and the ability to check if the machine was worth breaking into is gone.
  • SpinsterSpinster Regular
    edited October 2011
    :( oh well thanks people.

to be honest there wouldnt be alot of dough in vending machines anymore, because who has cash on them anymore right? most peole just have plastic.
    im surprised they arnt all card reading machines by now?
  • edited October 2011
    Spinster wrote: »
    :( oh well thanks people.

to be honest there wouldnt be alot of dough in vending machines anymore, because who has cash on them anymore right? most peole just have plastic.
    im surprised they arnt all card reading machines by now?

Some machines take cards; but they're more likely to have a note and coin entry slot.

Theres a chance that by cutting off the wireless connection you could get the machines contents.
    If they do have cards i would imagine that there is a simple algorithm to check the validity of a card in the absence of a wireless connection - and probably not an incredibly secure one.

Although again its just sugar water. The intrinsic nutritional value of the cola is far far less than the RRP - and im guessing that the vending machines selling valuable stuff will be much more secure.