opinions of the homeless

SpinsterSpinster Regular
edited November 2011 in Spurious Generalities
starting a thread about random shit that homeless people tell you!

My girlfriend and I were walking down the beach when we decided to take a walk to the blow hole, a popular spot for tourist etc to see the waves splashing up against the rocks. and we seen this guy wearing a rock climbing helmet and back pack rambling on to some english women. I heard him saying things about god etc. so we picked a spot to sit down and watch the waves just as the women was leaving. we rolled ourselves a cigarette each and he began talking to us. he said he use to talk to people on the mount just across the beach but he was banned for whatever reason and then I thought "Here we go...".

firstly, he asked us if we were from around here and we said yes, then he asked us if we knew anyone that would travel to europe within the next year. we replied no. So he starts telling us that the current German pope is going to die in August next year. his successor would be some belgium dude and he was going to build a base and destroy the vatican. buy this time I got tired of listening and zone out.

So then he carrys on to tell me vladimir putin orchestrated the 9/11 attacks and that gay people flew the planes into the world trade centre. I ignored him and he finally fucked off.

Comments

• RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited November 2011
    I used to volunteer at a local homeless shelter in my University City and I got to know a Big Issue seller/Homeless dude called Simon. Proper crusty punk type, but a good lad at heart. Ex Heroin addict and now someone who tried to get on the straight and narrow. He always hated the Rat Race but accepted that money was a necessary evil.

When I walked downtown to get my shopping, I got a huge bag of skips crisps, lika, a multipack. I pass Simon selling the Big Issue and offer him a pack and we sit and talk.

"IT'S NATIONAL SMILE DAY!" he shouts at the people walking past.
    "Is it really?" I ask him.
    "Nah, but these fuckers never smile. Look at them, they have everything they want. The iPod, the clothes, the house, the family. They might think their life is shit, but it's just a problem which they think is big, when in reality, on a world scale, it's nothing....SMILE PEOPLE! IT'S NATIONAL SMILE DAY!"

He stuffed a few crisps into his mouth and shouted at the people walking past, holding the Big Issues in his hand, and then shouted "Nah, it's national invisible day. They are even ignoring you because you're sitting with me".

His tone changed. I gave him £1 for some food or whatever he wished, and I really had to be on my way.

I went back into town and never saw him again. Turns out the week after I sat with him and learnt about National smile day, he overdosed and left a note about the lack of happiness in the world.
  • jehsiboijehsiboi Kanga Rump Ranga
    edited November 2011
    ^^ Simon sounds like a he was a really wise individual .. Too bad he had a crippling addiction .. That was a sad story
  • SpinsterSpinster Regular
    edited November 2011
    yeh that was a sad story.
    there was another guy I met at work, he walked through the drive though and bought an ice cream, but he had some crack pot theory about everyone should be entitled to a block of land or something............

anyway, trying not to stray too far from conspiracy but you must have seen this guy!
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited November 2011
    Many of the homeless have either mental health issues or or physically disabled from injuries and or birth defects. Those are the ones I will help when I can. The junkies need to just clean up and get a job IMO.