The Camulod Chronicles

ArkansanArkansan Regular
edited April 2012 in Spurious Generalities
Anyone ever read anything in this series? It's a retelling of Arthurian myth from a what if historical scenario. The series is told from Merlin's point of view, which is cool as the character is presented in a pretty unique fashion, it also does a bang up job combining what little historical evidence survives from the time with some of the themes and concepts of both early welsh arthur myths and the later romances. I am about 5 books in I belive (long series) and honestly I haven't come across a book in it yet that struck me as being boring, the overall quality seems to range from I read that shit in three days to it was pretty good.

Comments

• Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited April 2012
    I've never heard of this but I have liked almost everything I have ever read about the legends of Avalon.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited April 2012
    First time hearing about this, right now I reading the book called Hunger Games. It's interesting to listen to and quite simple to follow.
  • ArkansanArkansan Regular
    edited April 2012
    You should definitely check out the series Darth, I too am fascinated by anything Arthurian and so far this has been the most satisfying retelling of the stories I've ever come across. The first book in the series is called The Skystone, when my wife picked up for me I finished it in like three days, I couldn't put it down. Fair warning though the first two books deal with the paternal grandfathers of the main characters of the rest of the series and spend a lot of time building background but are awesome books none the less. Yeah Dfg I also read the Hunger Games series recently, for something that was intended as a young adult novel it is surprisingly morbid, I really enjoyed them though, it was nice to read something that was easy to follow that wasn't insulting to my intelligence.