• press down with fingers on the edges
  • make 5 slits in the dough across the top

bake @ 350 until golden brown

optional : add garlic butter and parmesan

I used to work at a pizza restaurant and this is how we did it. good shit

Comments

• Dr. AwkwardDr. Awkward Regular
    edited July 2010
    Brush milk on the top before baking, it will be golden crispy and flaky.
  • BigHarryDickBigHarryDick Cock Bite
    edited May 2011
    onion. and mushrooms

beef, spinach, motz cheese.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited May 2011
    Hm i'l have to try this recipe for calizones cause i've never heard of them before.
  • edited May 2011
    Yea!, thanks for posting a method, Hammertank. Here are a few additional tips.

Some bakeries sell fresh or frozen pizza dough in bags, a bag is usually 1lb/500g. This amount should be enough to do 2 calzones. Divide the dough and put it on a clean counter with a little flour. Slowly form each ball into a circle by pressing it gently outwards from the middle, you will need to let the dough rest a few times as you strech it, or it will tear, just leave it alone for a few minutes if you can feel it starting to resist a lot.

You can put just about anything into a calzone that you can put on a pizza, but if you want to use a lot of veggies, fry them a little on moderately high heat for a few minutes to get rid of some of the water, or your calzone will turn out soggy. The italian dressing is a new one on me, but I think it would be pretty tasty and add some zip.

My favorite is "taco calzone", with taco meat, cheddar, jalapenos, olives, tomato, and green onions inside, then sour cream and salsa to dip it in. Or pepperoni and anchovy, mmm, salty little fish.

C/O
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen, and philosophers, and divines"; Ralph Waldo Emerson