Brainless fucks that sell PC parts

DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
edited October 2012 in Spurious Generalities
Well last weekend one of the two sticks of DDR RAM failed in my file/test web server. It is still running although only on 256 MB of RAM at present. Anyway I had a look at what the local PC store wanted for one stick. They wanted $65 for one 256 MB stick so I ended up looking on the local auction site for some. I found two 256 MB sticks of DDR RAM for $12 so I went ahead and purchased it. It arrived today and I open the package and sure enough, the fucking moron had sent me PC133 RAM. I had never seen or heard of it before so I had to have a look on google to see what the fuck it was. I knew DDR memory only has one notch but the muppet that sent it obviously has no clue and he sells PC parts FFS.

So I email him to state the fact, he emails back in broken English (Asian immigrant :mad:) "Hi I am not very cleared from your email, as I know that I send to you DDR ram , and our advertised also DDR ram, so what is your requirement? and what I send to you? waiting for your answer ." I mean what part of "you have sent me the wrong product" do you not under fucking stand??. We shall see how this plays out.

IMG_0818.JPG

If you sell PC parts, you should have knowledge of said products :mad:

Comments

• SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited October 2012
    The chink probably knew exactly what he was selling you but just didn't give a fuck.
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited October 2012
    Definitely prehistoric ram out of a pentium 2 / 3 or some shit.
    Yours looks like DDR400. $12 is like half a pack of steinys.
    I can post you a couple on monday / tuesday free of charge. Up to you. PM me k?
  • DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited October 2012
    bornkiller wrote: »
    Definitely prehistoric ram out of a pentium 2 / 3 or some shit.
    Yours looks like DDR400. $12 is like half a pack of steinys.
    I can post you a couple on monday / tuesday free of charge. Up to you. PM me k?

He emailed back to say he fucked up and he would send the correct RAM tomorrow so I should get it by Monday if he delivers on his word. Most were advertised for at least $60 to $70 for a single 256 MB stick.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited October 2012
    No flaming there bud but you cracked me up when you said you had never see PC-133 memory. Hell I got a small box full of not only PC DIMMS but EDO DIMMS as well. Interestingly enough out of the DDR, PC, and EDO that EDO is the oldest but it is still widely used as memory for printers.
    edited October 2012
    No flaming there bud but you cracked me up when you said you had never see PC-133 memory. Hell I got a small box full of not only PC DIMMS but EDO DIMMS as well. Interestingly enough out of the DDR, PC, and EDO that EDO is the oldest but it is still widely used as memory for printers.

I would have to say i'm still a bit of a noob when it comes to older hardware lol.
    edited October 2012
    Well I suppose that is like my Grandfather telling me about have to get in front of his car and turn a crank to start it.
    edited October 2012
    My first PC was a Compaq Presario 660 running Windows 3.1. When we got it as it was second hand, it was pretty outdated. I can remember playing Wolfenstein 3D on it as a kid.
    edited October 2012
    Well if you ever looked inside that tower you would have seen 72 pin EDO RAM.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited October 2012
    First time hearing about EDO RAM but I am quite sure I might seen it on DX some mobo for before P1 era. If you want DDR rams I might be able to find some for you. But the shipping would be a bitch but I won't mind doing it.
    edited October 2012
    EDO = Extended Data Output.
  • MarineBoatMarineBoat Regular
    edited October 2012
    He emailed back to say he fucked up and he would send the correct RAM tomorrow so I should get it by Monday if he delivers on his word. Most were advertised for at least $60 to $70 for a single 256 MB stick.
    Prepare for a baggie of CDIP chips! :hai:

$60-70 is an absolute ripoff for that. I'd give you some of the DDR 512s that I have laying around but I don't think I could fling 'em that far.
    edited October 2012
    MarineBoat wrote: »
    Prepare for a baggie of CDIP chips! :hai:

$60-70 is an absolute ripoff for that. I'd give you some of the DDR 512s that I have laying around but I don't think I could fling 'em that far.

The correct ones arrived yesterday. Only paid 12 bucks for 2 256 MB DDR400 modules. Plus I never had to return the other two PC133 modules he originally sent me.
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited October 2012
    Yep! 12 bucks sounds about right. If you wanna upgrade @ some stage, give me a shout out & I'll send you some bigger ddr400. I've got some 512 and 1gb amongst my mess somewhere... :o