Movies From Your Childhood

FONFON Regular
edited April 2011 in Spurious Generalities
What movies stand out from your childhood? Whether you loved them or if they simply disturbed you and contorted your view on reality to this very day...Post them here.

Never-Ending Story - I used to fucking love...The bit at the end where the horse died is all I can remember now.

Milo and Otis - disturbed the hell out of me. I watched it again this year and I actually started crying at the end...I think it disturbed me even more now I'm older. That, and I read they killed like 6 Otis's and 10 Milo's or something like that in the making of the film....I mean, they had a fucking dog fight a bear (this is where most of the Otis's died) and threw a cat off a cliff, to only name a few of the crazy things that happens.
I've never broken into tears like I did in Milo and Otis...Theres something severely wrong but beautiful about that movie....Even the fucking theme music disturbs me for some reason.

I know theres hundreds I'm forgetting, so post yours.

Comments

• jarkofjarkof Regular
    edited August 2010
    Oh damn dude. There is just so many. Like for some reason when I was really little James and the giant peach. and yeah never ending story was a big one. But that goes for many little ones. For some fucked up reason jamangi scared the shit outta me when he got sucked in the game. That shit gave me nightmares for some fucked up reason.
  • JackJack Regular
    edited August 2010
    Pagemaster was scary as shit but now it's just stupid.
  • jarkofjarkof Regular
    edited August 2010
    Jack wrote: »
    Pagemaster was scary as shit but now it's just stupid.

Haha yeah that was a good one. It was freaky as shit back then. But now watching it is just a serious :facepalm: moment. LOL
  • MantikoreMantikore Regular
    edited August 2010
    Starship troopers.

It was my favorite film for quite a while. My parents even let me watch the nude shower scenes :confused:
  • FONFON Regular
    edited August 2010
    God damn I used to love James and the giant peach when I was like 5....And starship troopers still kicks ass....But wtf is pagemaster?
  • Pill PopperPill Popper Regular
    edited August 2010
    Stand By me is my favorite movie but i was like 3 when it came out

Dazed and Confused will go down as my high school favorite
  • MorningsideMorningside Regular
    edited August 2010
    I remember Night of the Demons scaring he shit out of me when I was a kid, I love that movie. I also used to watch the Friday the 13th series alot. My mom actually took me to a shrink because I drew crayon pictures of Jason killing people lol.
  • PigPig Regular
    edited August 2010
    Terminator 2 and Men in Black (I and II) were highlights of my action movie childhood. Fuckin' sweet.

Also, I grew up on Animal House. Masterpiece.
  • edited August 2010
    Pig wrote: »
    Terminator 2

This is one of those movies I still remember watching on VHS.
  • FrYFrY Regular
    edited August 2010
    Terminator
    Star wars.
    The three ninjas, (you know that one little fat ninja named tom tom)
    Predator.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited August 2010
    Star Wars. My dad showed me it as a kid and I still love it to this day. Really got me into the sci-fi genre. PLUS LITESABORZ!

Ghost in the Shell. My grandpa showed me it as a kid. He watched Pay-Per-View movies that were free cause we had one of those boxes. As an immigrant, he had very little idea what they were saying, but pointed out all the scenes where we could see boobies. And he said 'boobies.' What a great way to first experience boobies :D
  • JackJack Regular
    edited August 2010
    FON wrote: »
    God damn I used to love James and the giant peach when I was like 5....And starship troopers still kicks ass....But wtf is pagemaster?

It's that one where Macauley Culkin is a little wimp shit who crashes his bike on the way to the hardware store in a storm, goes into a library, the murals on the wall melt (climax of the movie) and wash him into this freaky animated adventure (part no one cares about).
  • wolfiewolfie Acolyte
    edited August 2010
    Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Flight of the Navigator, Short Circuit, Homeward Bound...

I think the theme here is adventure. All little kids want to go on larger than life adventures.
  • FONFON Regular
    edited August 2010
    Fuck I just remembered....

SURF NINJAS!!!
  • FONFON Regular
    edited August 2010
    Also just remembered...

Tommy Tricker!!! The movie where some kids travel all around the world by hopping onto stamps. That was fucking incredible when I was young....
  • FONFON Regular
    edited August 2010
    Pagemaster suddenly clicked....I fucking loved that movie.

I'm gonna have to watch it again.
  • jarkofjarkof Regular
    edited August 2010
    Lion king will still be one of the highlights of my childhood. Sounds kinda gay to some. But to a child that is a seriously intense movie. To me it still is actually.
  • CaesarCaesar Regular
    edited August 2010
    Fern Gully, most of the movies others have posted made appearences...

Jurrasic Park scared the shit out of me, as did Willow. I think the Indiana Jones where the dude gets his heart ripped out had me running for mummy too.
  • edited August 2010
    Caesar wrote: »
    Fern Gully, most of the movies others have posted made appearences...

Jurrasic Park scared the shit out of me, as did Willow. I think the Indiana Jones where the dude gets his heart ripped out had me running for mummy too.

lol .... what a phagg. I can honestly say that I had never been intimidated by things in a box of light and wires.

What a phagg.
  • edited August 2010
    jarkof wrote: »
    Lion king will still be one of the highlights of my childhood. Sounds kinda gay to some. But to a child that is a seriously intense movie. To me it still is actually.

That is the greatses tragedy of all time. That movie is what I believe was jews brain washing machine.

It has been statistically proven that kids that has been impressed by Lion King ... a movie where preyed and preying animals were portrayed to be living side by side harmoniously are more likely to be anti-racists and believe that niggers and whites can co-exists happily together.

I bet you love niggers now.
  • jarkofjarkof Regular
    edited August 2010
    Holly shit I was just mindfucked. I have no idea how you got to niggers. I am so confused.
  • edited August 2010
    jarkof wrote: »
    Holly shit I was just mindfucked. I have no idea how you got to niggers. I am so confused.

of cos you are. n lion king are to be blamed for your confusion.
  • jarkofjarkof Regular
    edited August 2010
    Damn its a conspiracy. I would have never guessed damn. I feel so ashamed in myself for letting myself get dragged into such a nigger loving community. Please tell me how to make it through this one.
  • edited August 2010
    watch more nationak geography, less walter disney. read my nigger certury.
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited August 2010
    That is the greatses tragedy of all time. That movie is what I believe was jews brain washing machine.

It has been statistically proven that kids that has been impressed by Lion King ... a movie where preyed and preying animals were portrayed to be living side by side harmoniously are more likely to be anti-racists and believe that niggers and whites can co-exists happily together.

I bet you love niggers now.

Dude virtually all media anymore is kike brainwashing. They run this country afterall. Also lol at pagemaster being mentioned. I havent thought of that shit in years. Also the 3 ninja's comes to mind.:facepalm:
  • PacinoPacino Regular
    edited April 2011
    Willow

18231-21384.gif

mmmm
  • BigHarryDickBigHarryDick Cock Bite
    edited April 2011
    short_circuit.jpg

Short Circuit

howard_duck_011.jpg

Howard the duck

and Willow was the shit!
  • ducklipsducklips Regular
    edited April 2011
    fuck you BHD! Howard the duck gives me nightmares :( how can something of my kind be so scary???

it's all about The Brave Little toaster
    toaster.jpg
    edited April 2011
    ^^^ WHAAA how did he give you night mares?

He was a bad ass duck of your time. He partied, did coke, banged a hooker.

Fucking cool duck!

howard-the-duck-200a040610-fp.jpg

howard_the_duck.jpg

but i see what you mean his face is kinda creepy.
  • BoxBox Regular
    edited April 2011
  • edited April 2011
    I remember Night of the Demons scaring he shit out of me when I was a kid, I love that movie. I also used to watch the Friday the 13th series alot. My mom actually took me to a shrink because I drew crayon pictures of Jason killing people lol.

You were "that kid."

lol
  • ducklipsducklips Regular
    edited April 2011
    BHD...He's scary looking I'm weird..E.T. freaks me out too...
  • ak-49ak-49 New Arrival
    edited April 2011
    Soooo many movies come to mind:
    Never Ending Story
    Sandlot
    Little Nemo
    Heavyweights
    GI Joe the Animated Movie
    Ace Ventura 1&2
    The Mask
    Star Wars
    And the movies I really shouldn't have watched at the age I did:
    Robocop
    Total Recall
    Rambo
    Terminator 1&2
  • Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited April 2011
    Lion King/Never ending stories/The princess bride/The Jungle Book(Both Versions)/ Brave Little Toaster and mother-fucking BABE!! Also the Brave Little Toaster was great. :hai:
  • edited April 2011
    My mom used to let me watch the Die Hard movies... Bruce Willis used to be such a badass.

Lion King was iite too, although there was a cracked article which showed it was, essentially, pro-nazi.
    edited April 2011
    ak-49 wrote: »
    Soooo many movies come to mind:
    Never Ending Story
    Sandlot
    Little Nemo
    Heavyweights
    GI Joe the Animated Movie
    Ace Ventura 1&2
    The Mask
    Star Wars
    And the movies I really shouldn't have watched at the age I did:
    Robocop
    Total Recall
    Rambo
    Terminator 1&2

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

good ones all of them

especially the GI joe one kicked ass. i saw Rambo like 1,000,000 times.

still my fav.